Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Micro stakes, possible to win money?

[ QUOTE ]

What im saying is the pot becomes massive because i have a hand and want to take the pot down without them drawing so i bet big and them calling with their draw the pot becomes then they hit i fold and lose my money.. they are chasing a draw that shouldnt hit that often but it does

[/ QUOTE ]

So your basic argument is that poker is rigged?
Old 07-01-2007, 03:18 PM

My serious answer is stop blaming others for your losses, accept the fact that you probably suck - it's not an insult, everyone has to do this at some point if they want to become a winning player.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope to god that you are leveling us. If not then look at the following.

1) Bluffing is not where most of your money comes from in poker, at any stakes. If they don't fold, don't bluff them. Period. ok i hear you but the problem is they call all my c-bet with no pair so this is losing me lots of money

2) If you think that players calling you down with a worse hand is bad, you simply do not understand some basic theoretical concepts of poker. Get a copy of Theory of Poker and read it. Twice.i understand that people calling down with draws is a good thing but i am an unlucky person and they seem to make their draws alot of time..

3) As mentioned in a previous post, once you get a handle on how a player behaves, you must adjust your play accordingly. If someone is a calling station, then you can't put any more money in the pot once the draws come in unless you have the goods. Boring as hell. Frustrating if your against a player who will always call if you bet but always bet if you check. But the only way to keep from spewing. i understand how to adjust my play to opponents, i am not a new player and as mentioned i do have a good knowledge of poker

[/ QUOTE ]
no this is a serious post which i have been motivated to make after one guy on my table was literally the defninition of a DONK and [censored] me off big time...
Old 07-01-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My serious answer is stop blaming others for your losses, accept the fact that you probably suck - it's not an insult, everyone has to do this at some point if they want to become a winning player.

[/ QUOTE ]
well this post isnt helpful at all lol i have had a friend who plays high stakes look a my game and he told me it was fine
Old 07-01-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What im saying is the pot becomes massive because i have a hand and want to take the pot down without them drawing so i bet big and them calling with their draw the pot becomes then they hit i fold and lose my money.. they are chasing a draw that shouldnt hit that often but it does

[/ QUOTE ]
no im not saying poker is rigged.. i am generally an unlucky guy so this is common for me

So your basic argument is that poker is rigged?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-01-2007, 03:28 PM

Wow. The only thing I have left to say is in before lock.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. The only thing I have left to say is in before lock.

[/ QUOTE ]
ok great thanks a lot for all your terrific help it was ultra useful im so glad u stopped by. come again

Lets say you can avg 5ptbb/100 for 30k hands (one month of play for most). Thats $1500. Its not gonna make you filthy rich but you sat on your ass and played poker instead of video games so how much did you really have to give up.

Definitely possible to win money. I'm only playing the game a few months, I'm not a very good player at all but I make money off microstakes by doing nothing much clever at all. Like everyone else says, do not bluff! Don't slowplay (apart from monsters), make people pay to draw out on you. Keep it simple and you cannot fail to finish ahead in micro-stakes.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely possible to win money. I'm only playing the game a few months, I'm not a very good player at all but I make money off microstakes by doing nothing much clever at all. Like everyone else says, do not bluff! Don't slowplay (apart from monsters), make people pay to draw out on you. Keep it simple and you cannot fail to finish ahead in micro-stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]
thanks for your advice this souunds quite good.. nh
Closed Thread