Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Re: M. Wie - keep practicing...

Yeah, I meant LPGA Q School. I don't think she'd make it out of the first round at the PGA Q School.

The thing about going to Q School is it shows that she's not above doing what everyone else has to do to stay on tour. It's probably not critical that she gain acceptance (I won't go so far as to say approval or friendship) among the rank and file, but it sure wouldn't hurt.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:29 PM

She's going to end up at LPGA Q-School at some point. Sponsors are going to stop with the exemptions. Maybe not, but the other option is to take her maximum exemptions and play second tier LPGA events. If she had a couple of good finishes she could get in the top 90 on the money list and avoid q-school. IMO she needs to get established on a tour and play it. She isn't going to do anything but regress being a half hearted student and half assed pro golfer while at Stanford. A year at Stanford might not be bad at this point, if she heals up etc... However, it sounds like BJ and Bo got a house near Stanford which if true I find to be ridiculous, especially if Michelle's money paid for it. Dunno if it's true tho. At some point if Michelle wants to be a golfer she has to find a tour to play full time. And the way she's going it might be the futures tour or the European LPGA.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:53 PM

Annika played the Colonial at her peak in 2003 and missed the cut with a 2nd round 74 for a 2 day, 5 over par 145 with the cut at 141. I remember seeing an interview with her afterwards and she stated 'I'm going to go back to where I belong'...

One reason why women are unable to play on the PGA tour is because of the green speeds. PGA players generally have a minimum of ~110 mph swing speeds which generates enough backspin on their approach shots to hold the green.

If they could not generate enough backspin on the ball, their 'longer' approach shots would hit and continue to run off the backside of the green... when this happens, they are going to have a long day of 3 putting and up and downs.
(They have no problems generating spin w/wedge shots, in fact they try to take it off so the ball will not spin back off the green)

In Wie's case, I think she has the swing speed, but she is so tall and thin that her swing takes a toll on her body for a teenager. Her wrists, shoulders, back are all taking a lot of stress. Based upon that, I don't think she can continue to keep her swing speed high and be healthy, so, she will have a very hard time competing on the PGA tour.

How do you think she would go getting out of the US Open rough?????????????????????????? Strength has it's advantages...
Old 07-01-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Funny Wie fact if it hasn't been mentioned before.

Forget the wrist injury bull$hit...the broad hasn't shot a round UNDER PAR in over 4 years (more than 20 rounds of golf)...

LOL $19 million in endorsements...she's awful

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the longest UNDER PAR drought you've experienced? And do you attribute your success to your handlers letting you develop out of the spotlight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh yea, I'm not a professional, therefore I can make statements like this...

you are a nit and are going on ignore
Old 07-01-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Funny Wie fact if it hasn't been mentioned before.

Forget the wrist injury bull$hit...the broad hasn't shot a round UNDER PAR in over 4 years (more than 20 rounds of golf)...

LOL $19 million in endorsements...she's awful

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the longest UNDER PAR drought you've experienced? And do you attribute your success to your handlers letting you develop out of the spotlight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh yea, I'm not a professional, therefore I can make statements like this...

you are a nit and are going on ignore

[/ QUOTE ]

Bummer. I wanted to tell you that you have a really cool avatar and ask if you play Magic.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2007, 05:09 PM

If she's taking endorsements and money from tournaments she can't go to college for a year or two and play on an NCAA team to 'get her head back in the game' as she's already a pro.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:10 PM

I just want to point out the obvious and say there are literally thousands of teenage males who would wipe the floor with Wie. I don't blame her, but I also have no sympathy, since she has been well compensated for her future grief if there is some.