Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Party poker closed my account. Can I sue if decision is not revers

[ QUOTE ]
The reason we did that was that the Tuesday special was on in like half an hour and at that time it was like 1am and he couldn't go put money on his credit card, and his g/f's wasn't registered on stars.

but, nevermind that. you're saying if I call my bank and ask for the transfer to be reversed they can do that just like that?
(I don't work with banks a lot.just have a credit card and use it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

edit: and do I just tell them that I deposited and they banned my account without me doing anything against terms of service?

oh, and FWIW, i deposited 2000$ but only had about 1600$ left when the account was blocked. surely i can't ask them to reverse the charge for the whole 2000$ right? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you contact your credit card company, they will ask you to fill out a form. Be sure that your story is simple and readable (with only one attempt) - no scatter-shot thinking or free association. You need to make your points crisply and cleanly; that means structured paragraphs and actual sentences. It goes without saying that first you need a clear mind and a clear vision. You need to state the facts, state your expectations, and give your reasons. Be coherent.

Also, try to conform to all of those traditional rules of grammar that one of your tougher teachers probably tried to introduce a long time ago - capital letters at the beginning of sentences, etc. Definitely, no IM-speak or invented words (FWIW, 1am, g/f's, nevermind). Spell-check and grammar-check aren't enough, either. Your content needs to make sense on the first try. If you're not 100% sure what I mean, have somebody 40+ years old review your form before you send it.

These credit card guys are definitely old school, and old school guys tend to discredit anything that isn't properly written. It may seem unfair, but those were the rules when they grew up; rightly or wrongly, they will expect you to follow them as well. So no matter how you may feel about the benefits of modern creativity in word invention, free-form grammar and punctuation as an art form, you need to consider that your audience may not agree with you. So in this case, correct grammar and standard written English with solid structure would be your best bet.

Best of luck!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They then emailed saying that the 2k i deposited was deemed too much compared to my wagering (i was playing 200NL).

[/ QUOTE ]
Uhhh........
Old 07-03-2007, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They then emailed saying that the 2k i deposited was deemed too much compared to my wagering (i was playing 200NL).

[/ QUOTE ]
Uhhh........

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic Party retardation
Old 07-03-2007, 09:09 AM

Frommagio, thanks for the sarcastic reply.
Luckily for me, though, when doing something that's actually formal, as opposed to posting on a messageboard, I do use formal speech and make use of proper former language.
However, since you apparently feel a need to belittle other people for their apparently improper use of english, I suggest you take on the much nobler task of educating people of English or American origin on proper grammar. Take it from me, it's a much bigger problem than a foreigner using IM speech when posting on an online messageboard.

Classic Party retardation? Yes, but it's not even the half of it. I deposited 2k...but in two instances. First I deposited 1k and lost 600$ at 100NL then deposited another 1K...
Old 07-03-2007, 03:35 PM

That wasn't sarcasm. He was a bit of an ass, but that doesn't invalidate his point.

People will take you more seriously if you spend some time composing your thoughts.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Frommagio, thanks for the sarcastic reply.
Luckily for me, though, when doing something that's actually formal, as opposed to posting on a messageboard, I do use formal speech and make use of proper former language.
However, since you apparently feel a need to belittle other people for their apparently improper use of english, I suggest you take on the much nobler task of educating people of English or American origin on proper grammar. Take it from me, it's a much bigger problem than a foreigner using IM speech when posting on an online messageboard.

Classic Party retardation? Yes, but it's not even the half of it. I deposited 2k...but in two instances. First I deposited 1k and lost 600$ at 100NL then deposited another 1K...

[/ QUOTE ]

I attempted to write a reply that was respectful, polite, accurate and helpful. I'm sorry that you took it as sarcasm. It was intended to give you useful advice - nothing more, nothing less.

I suppose that there's really no way to give this kind of advice without risking a backlash.

This is the real world. Your mother's job was to tell you that you did a great job, and to praise you for trying hard. I'm just some guy who is trying to help you get your money back.

You're welcome.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is the real world. Your mother's job was to tell you that you did a great job, and to praise you for trying hard. I'm just some guy who is trying to help you get your money back.

You're welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I love you and I think we all do [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2007, 04:57 PM

OP,
I really think frammagio was trying to help you out. It is not unusual for some people today to not realize that proper grammar is required when handling some situations. No offense, but the grammar in your posts is pretty bad, so he was probably worried that you might be one of those people. The guy is trying to help you out, your situation sucks but don't take it out on people that want to help you.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:10 PM

This thread is useless without pics of friend's girlfriend
Old 07-04-2007, 07:52 PM

fromm, if you actually intended to help, my bad.

It's hard to imagine a post like yours is intended to help when you tell me that I shouldn't use IM speech on a bank form.

FWIW (for what it's worth, for the pedants out there) I don't think I have many, if any for that matter, grammar mistakes in my posts. maybe txt/IM speech, but I learned english at the age of 6 (i'm not a native speaker, per se) and pride myself in speaking it as correctly as possible.

Maybe it's my fault for over-estimating the intelligence of people nowadays (or under-estimating their stupidity) but for someone to actually, seriously tell another person they should not use IM on a bank form the latter must be nothing short of retarded.
I don't consider myself retarded, hence the tongue lashing.