Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Help me put a bad beat on Cancer and Humbertos shark

Unbelieveably lame that you want to keep 50%.

Although I'm not sure how Phil Gordon can guarantee you won't be thrown out.

I would do it with 100% going to charity if I knew I wouldn't get 86'd.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how Phil can guarantee it, but nor do I see how this sort of thing would be an 86-able offense...kind of depends how Humberto takes it.

How about this, Bond--if you get 86'd, you keep 100%, if you don't get 86'd, you donate 100%
Old 06-29-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how Phil can guarantee it, but nor do I see how this sort of thing would be an 86-able offense...kind of depends how Humberto takes it.

How about this, Bond--if you get 86'd, you keep 100%, if you don't get 86'd, you donate 100%

[/ QUOTE ]

Not entirely sure that's a beneficial situations; are the chances of being 86'd that much lower that he has to risk not playing in the ME?

If it is, then sure :P. The PR will be great, especially if Humberto doesn't take it badly and it is reveled as a friendly joke.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About a month ago people were going to put up a few hundred for someone to just do it, now that someone is willing to do it, people are bitching about him taking any of it.
Shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. I bet there wouldn't be any bitching if OP offered to do it and asked for backers, then afterwards said he'd donate half to charity.
Same [censored], except he's up front about it.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not entirely sure that's a beneficial situations; are the chances of being 86'd that much lower that he has to risk not playing in the ME?

If it is, then sure :P. The PR will be great, especially if Humberto doesn't take it badly and it is reveled as a friendly joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, right...I'm not saying it's worth it to risk being 86'd, but doing this 50% thing isn't coming off too good, is it?

Here's my advise to Bond--do it for the sake of publicity and charity, don't keep any % for yourself and don't destroy the shark, just abduct it.

Maybe get an ESPN producer's attention and tell them about this idea, the Kidnapping of Humberto's shark might make for an interesting segment for them (and they already love showing things about Bad Beat for Cancer), and, if it goes down like it's a fun/playful thing, for charity and with ESPN involvement, then you'd have almost no risk of getting barred from the property and you'll come off like a big hero on national TV!
Old 06-29-2007, 09:37 PM

Ok, can get totally behind that, shaniac :P
Old 06-29-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, right...I'm not saying it's worth it to risk being 86'd, but doing this 50% thing isn't coming off too good, is it?

Here's my advise to Bond--do it for the sake of publicity and charity, don't keep any % for yourself and don't destroy the shark, just abduct it.

Maybe get an ESPN producer's attention and tell them about this idea, the Kidnapping of Humberto's shark might make for an interesting segment for them (and they already love showing things about Bad Beat for Cancer), and, if it goes down like it's a fun/playful thing, for charity and with ESPN involvement, then you'd have almost no risk of getting barred from the property and you'll come off like a big hero on national TV!

[/ QUOTE ]

Shane,

You have the makings of a marketing genius.

Ever thought of a job working in PR?[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2007, 09:44 PM

I am willing to give you 800€ over Stars (about 1000$) if you go through with this. Three of my friends were badly humiliated by this retard and his "chark". Need proof though.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:46 PM

Can someone show me a video or picture of this shark? I've heard a lot about it but I don't really know what you guys are talking about. It certainly does sound annoying though!
Old 06-29-2007, 09:54 PM

Y'all kno he has TWO of them right? He won't get mad, he'll just pull the other 1 out of his pocket.