Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many goon-looking dudes are in this picture?
6 22 100.00%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Is this wrong or am i over thinking it?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be far more worried about my girlfriend thinking I actually spent money on a Point Pleasant seashell frame.

[/ QUOTE ]

was just planning on telling her that i won it a long time ago, which is true. wasnt something you get from a souvenir store, it was a prize in one of those boardwalk games that you throw a dollar on.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Hey honey! I had an unwanted piece of junk in a drawer from several years ago, and I was going to throw it in the trash, but then I thought of you!"

Old 06-25-2007, 02:08 PM

This is in bad taste. Regardless of how long ago or how over the ex you are, this is something that you will always subconsciously associate with the other girl. As such, it is inappropriate for a gift.

Also, the more she likes it and the happier it makes her, the more uncomfortable you're going to be with it. Is saving a few bucks on a cheesy frame worth putting the equivalent of a lie between the two of you and making you uneasy?

Get a new frame.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:09 PM

brilliant!

but its not like that. i had completely forgotten about the frame and this was the first time we had gone to the shore. she took some pictures so i figured it would be a good surprise and earn me some points.

thanks for the responses so far guys
Old 06-25-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is in bad taste. Regardless of how long ago or how over the ex you are, this is something that you will always subconsciously associate with the other girl. As such, it is inappropriate for a gift.

Also, the more she likes it and the happier it makes her, the more uncomfortable you're going to be with it. Is saving a few bucks on a cheesy frame worth putting the equivalent of a lie between the two of you and making you uneasy?

Get a new frame.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep this is the main reason in my head for not doing it.

the other side is that it would make her really happy, and if im truly over my ex which i like to think i am, then it wont bother my subconcious at all. and maybe its just taking life too seriously to think about it as a bad thing. it is more of the gesture of thinking of the idea, and if it makes her happy, maybe thats all that really matters in this case?

also i would like to do it for her soon, and i dont think ill be back at the shore for another week.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:18 PM

I don't think being over your ex or not over her will impact your subconscious.

Your girlfriend would be unhappy if she knew, right?

As a woman, I would.

That is the lie that you are putting between you, and that is what I think you would feel bad about if she loved the present. Regardless of your feelings or lack thereof about the ex, you are deceiving your current girlfriend. Nothing says "I love you" like a lie.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:19 PM

third option?

my current girl is really laid back and does not get easily upset at all. Would it be +EV to straight up tell her something like "just so you know this frame originally held a picture of me an my ex in it, is that cool? if not we can go win another when we go next?" or would that do more harm than good

bored and its my day off, so im just curious to see how other people would think about this.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As a woman, I would.

That is the lie that you are putting between you, and that is what I think you would feel bad about if she loved the present. Regardless of your feelings or lack thereof about the ex, you are deceiving your current girlfriend. Nothing says "I love you" like a lie.

[/ QUOTE ]
What lie?
Old 06-25-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
third option?

my current girl is really laid back and does not get easily upset at all. Would it be +EV to straight up tell her something like "just so you know this frame originally held a picture of me an my ex in it, is that cool? if not we can go win another when we go next?" or would that do more harm than good

bored and its my day off, so im just curious to see how other people would think about this.

[/ QUOTE ]
no no no no no
Old 06-25-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As a woman, I would.

[/ QUOTE ]

aright so what about the third option? as a woman, what would you think if you were approached with this from your current significant other

edit: and yea what perg said...i dont really feel like im lieing about anything here.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
brilliant!

but its not like that. i had completely forgotten about the frame and this was the first time we had gone to the shore. she took some pictures so i figured it would be a good surprise and earn me some points.

[/ QUOTE ]