Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Stop snoring advice?

[ QUOTE ]
lose weight, don't sleep on your back, don't eat before you go to bed, see a doctor?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't slept on my back in 6 years. It's the little things about being single you occasionally miss, you know?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:55 AM

Its all good advice, but I dont smoke and im not overweight. I am going to ask my doctor next week. I am really only concerned about my gf not getting any sleep, she sleeps over less and less now.

When I sleep on my stomach, I dont snore, I sometimes snore on my side. Sadly I toss and turn all night to get conformatable and even while i am asleep. I tell my gf to wake me up when i snore but she wont..
Old 06-26-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tell my gf to wake me up when i snore but she wont..

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I saw something once that will wake you up when you snore... don't remember the name or anything about it though.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:47 PM

pillow over face
Old 06-26-2007, 01:13 PM

If you wake yourself up from snoring or if the gf notices that you stop breathing for a little during your snoring (or you feel really tired even after long sleeps), you probably have sleep apnea. The best cure right now is going to a pulmonologist or sleep doctor and getting a CPAP machine. It's a mask (kinda like a real flimsy gas mask) that you wear at night over your mouth and nose. It keeps some sort of pressure to keep your soft mouth parts from blocking your airway. I spent some time shadowing a doc who specialized in sleep medicine and the majority of his patients loved the machine and said it made a huge impact in their lives. I guess it just depends if you're willing to wear the mask.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this does not work for me

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-26-2007, 01:39 PM

Pay one of your friends to break your nose
Old 06-26-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you wake yourself up from snoring or if the gf notices that you stop breathing for a little during your snoring (or you feel really tired even after long sleeps), you probably have sleep apnea. The best cure right now is going to a pulmonologist or sleep doctor and getting a CPAP machine. It's a mask (kinda like a real flimsy gas mask) that you wear at night over your mouth and nose. It keeps some sort of pressure to keep your soft mouth parts from blocking your airway. I spent some time shadowing a doc who specialized in sleep medicine and the majority of his patients loved the machine and said it made a huge impact in their lives. I guess it just depends if you're willing to wear the mask.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, hopefully my doc has some good recomendations, Im not really looking to wear a mask. Next time she sleeps over, I am getting her ear plugs. Im such a nice bf