Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 02:03 AM

Default Re: Calling chick I just met on her birthday?

It's not flowers before a date. It's her birthday, huge huge difference.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't send her flowers, it would freak her out. (It would me!) However, a text message would be perfect. Even a phone call might be too much, although doable, but the flowers are WAY too freaky.

Answer: Text or call, in that order.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

The girl is 23. She is not gonna freak out. It could even be the first time she has ever got flowers. Write a corny message on the card, "Just a little something to make your birthday a little brighter." It doesnt have to be 3 dozen red roses etc. Just a small arrangement in a vase.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know why your arguing with a CHICK on this point, I think she's more likely to know than you or me.

Flowers before a date even happens is creepy and desperate-seeming. One of two things will happen, neither good: either she's a normal-ish chick who is going to be freaked out by the gesture and kill his chances, or she's a clingy insecure broad who is going to get a huge psycho creamy crotch over it, and that's just a slippery slope to her boiling bunnies in your kitchen. Neither of these results is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, when I first read the flowers suggestion I assumed it was sarcasm. I can't believe anyone would actually think thats a good idea.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flowers before a date even happens is creepy and desperate-seeming. One of two things will happen, neither good: either she's a normal-ish chick who is going to be freaked out by the gesture and kill his chances, or she's a clingy insecure broad who is going to get a huge psycho creamy crotch over it, and that's just a slippery slope to her boiling bunnies in your kitchen. Neither of these results is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take door #2. It might end bad, but you'll have a fun ride getting to it.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree the call may be a bit much but do you think a text like NT! suggested would put her off?

[/ QUOTE ]
A text is OK. It depends on her state of mind, and how much she likes you.

You have to realize that at the moment you're nothing to her. She just met you, would like to get to know you better, but in reality you're just some random dude. She'll be spending the day with her friends/family and random dude intrusion may not be welcome. If she likes you/thinks you're a cool a text won't matter. If she's in a crap mood for whatever reason she might get a whiff of neediness/overeagerness. And if you are needy or overeager (I don't know if you are), then giving her a whiff may help her spot that before you're in a relationship where needy/overeager is acceptable.

Bottom line is that a text won't do much harm. But for your own good, I wouldn't text her. You've thought about it too much. Chill, enjoy your date.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't send her flowers, it would freak her out. (It would me!) However, a text message would be perfect. Even a phone call might be too much, although doable, but the flowers are WAY too freaky.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

The girl is 23. She is not gonna freak out. It could even be the first time she has ever got flowers. Write a corny message on the card, "Just a little something to make your birthday a little brighter." It doesnt have to be 3 dozen red roses etc. Just a small arrangement in a vase.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know why your arguing with a CHICK on this point, I think she's more likely to know than you or me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd agree with tug/q here. The text is perfect as she'll look at it and smile that you were thinking about her. While the flowers could have the absolute best of intentions, she'd probably look at them and be a little weirded out as you have only met her once.

The key anyways will come down to your date anyways, as a good date would override whether you texted her or not.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:11 AM

Of COURSE you should send flowers tomorrow. There's nothing a new girl likes more than a guy who's obviously emo, trying too hard and pathetic. Every time I get a new girl's number I immediately google her address and send the flowers. Works like a [censored] charm.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of COURSE you should send flowers tomorrow. There's nothing a new girl likes more than a guy who's obviously emo, trying too hard and pathetic. Every time I get a new girl's number I immediately google her address and send the flowers. Works like a [censored] charm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid advice. I would also buy her something shiny.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

T

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there is some weird paradox where women give the worst advice about how to handle women

anyway the truth is it doesnt matter wtf you do, Shes already got an opinion of you and has already decided whether or not you are ever going to sniff her panties. If she likes you, flowers will be a big hit, and if she doesnt they will creep her out.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:13 AM

OP,

Flowers are prob a little too much. Send her a simple piece of jewelry. NOT a ring, that is too much. But something like a simple tennis bracelet or necklace. Go with silver or platinum instead of gold. One thing that might be cool is if you get her a pendant but instead of putting a picture of you in it, put a picture of a question mark with some text like "you and me" above it.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

Flowers are prob a little too much. Send her a simple piece of jewelry. NOT a ring, that is too much. But something like a simple tennis bracelet or necklace. Go with silver or platinum instead of gold. One thing that might be cool is if you get her a pendant but instead of putting a picture of you in it, put a picture of a question mark with some text like "you and me" above it.

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent advice from Diabs as per usual.