Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Dealer mucks my cards situation (Am I being a nit)

[ QUOTE ]

Dealer could have handled it better.

I would have said "sorry I thought you had looked".

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to me like this would have ended the whole thing.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And the fact that the dealer, not the player called the floor really says it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

All this says is the dealer did his job in calling the floor when a guest is disappointed so the floor can deal with it before it becomes a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe so, but in my experience most dealers dont just rush to call the floor because a guest is disappointed. If he was half as quick to say he was sorry the incident would've been over.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And the fact that the dealer, not the player called the floor really says it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

All this says is the dealer did his job in calling the floor when a guest is disappointed so the floor can deal with it before it becomes a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe so, but in my experience most dealers dont just rush to call the floor because a guest is disappointed. If he was half as quick to say he was sorry the incident would've been over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if thats true, the OPs actions were ridiculous. Demanding that the dealer apologize to him in front of everybody is a douchebag move made by someone who needs to feel important by going on a power trip to a service worker. Not only that, raising a big stink about the issue like the OP did is inconsiderate to fellow players who want to keep the game moving.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:55 PM

I wasnt there, but based on hearing only his side of the story, it was the dealer that made a big stink and then slowed down the game.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not trying to hijack this post but had a similar situation and thought I had forgotten about it. Apparently it still pisses me off.

Binion's tournament last year, have made the final table with an average chipstack and I'm in the 5 seat coincidentally. 7 of us left. Blinds are high, not much play, and the UTG shortstack goes allin. We still don't know the payouts and the floor/TD is in the corner trying to figure it out.

I ALWAYS protect my hand and have it protected when I stand up as the action gets to me as I'm considering reraising allin. I ask how much the all-in is, and then I look over to the floor. Now, the FT at Binion's is on a slightly raised platform, and it has its own rail. The floor/TD is INSIDE the rail in the corner and about 2.5 feet behind the 8 seat. I walk 5-6 feet over to the floor/TD and ask what the payout difference between 7 6 and 5 are going to be, and get my answer. I get back to my seat and the DEALER IS MUCKING MY PROTECTED HAND! I scream out "What the heck are you doing" but it's too late. I throw a fit and honestly could not believe this was happening. The old crotchety dealer says I thought you were done with your hand. Of course I say I was RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU and they were protected. Conveniently, the floor/TD is there (duh!) and without saying the dealer screwed up also says there's nothing he can do. I'm livid and honestly handled it about as well as I could but everyone around me (players and rail) kept saying I got screwed. Not sure if that helped me or not but I was pissed for a while.

I was most upset because it was a final table, every hand was important, and obviously I was thinking about an action because I had asked for a chip count and didn't know the payouts. EVERYONE else at the table seemed to know what was going on except the dealer, who made me feel like it was my fault. And it potentially influenced my finish as no one else called and that UTG raiser ended up finishing ahead of me. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are up out of your seat when the action is on you then your cards should be mucked. Especially in a tourney. This is actually much more clear cut than the OP's story, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if they are protected.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
did you have the leg up button in front of you? It strikes me as a little harsh to muck someones hand when they have the leg up, but I haven't played there and don't know how the room is run.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is this? You should be playing less hands with the leg up.

Throw in the fact that he is UTG and has the leg up, there isnt too many hands he would have been playing to begin with.

OP seemed a little adamant about his 8 chips that hit the ground, so Im guessing he took too long focusing on retrieving them when no one would steal them in the first place. Granted the dealer could (prob should) have said something, but the person beside you could of also
Old 06-25-2007, 09:39 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not trying to hijack this post but had a similar situation and thought I had forgotten about it. Apparently it still pisses me off.

Binion's tournament last year, have made the final table with an average chipstack and I'm in the 5 seat coincidentally. 7 of us left. Blinds are high, not much play, and the UTG shortstack goes allin. We still don't know the payouts and the floor/TD is in the corner trying to figure it out.

I ALWAYS protect my hand and have it protected when I stand up as the action gets to me as I'm considering reraising allin. I ask how much the all-in is, and then I look over to the floor. Now, the FT at Binion's is on a slightly raised platform, and it has its own rail. The floor/TD is INSIDE the rail in the corner and about 2.5 feet behind the 8 seat. I walk 5-6 feet over to the floor/TD and ask what the payout difference between 7 6 and 5 are going to be, and get my answer. I get back to my seat and the DEALER IS MUCKING MY PROTECTED HAND! I scream out "What the heck are you doing" but it's too late. I throw a fit and honestly could not believe this was happening. The old crotchety dealer says I thought you were done with your hand. Of course I say I was RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU and they were protected. Conveniently, the floor/TD is there (duh!) and without saying the dealer screwed up also says there's nothing he can do. I'm livid and honestly handled it about as well as I could but everyone around me (players and rail) kept saying I got screwed. Not sure if that helped me or not but I was pissed for a while.

I was most upset because it was a final table, every hand was important, and obviously I was thinking about an action because I had asked for a chip count and didn't know the payouts. EVERYONE else at the table seemed to know what was going on except the dealer, who made me feel like it was my fault. And it potentially influenced my finish as no one else called and that UTG raiser ended up finishing ahead of me. LOL.

If you are up out of your seat when the action is on you then your cards should be mucked. Especially in a tourney. This is actually much more clear cut than the OP's story, IMO.

Not if they are protected.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I want a coke or a smoke, I just put a chip on my cards and everybody waits until I wander back to the table?
Old 06-25-2007, 09:46 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
why is this? You should be playing less hands with the leg up.

Throw in the fact that he is UTG and has the leg up, there isnt too many hands he would have been playing to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, I haven't played there but anyplace I have played, players defend their leg up button. If you are playing a kill game in Southern Indiana, and you see someone fold their leg up button for less than 3 bets cold, you have witnessed something rare and unusual.

I don't think any dealer at Caesar's IN would auto-muck the OP's hand in this situation with the leg up button in front of him,especially if he is right there just picking up chips from the floor. I am certain he would get at least one warning, unless he is a stiff or an ass, then all bets are off.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dealer could have handled it better.

I would have said "sorry I thought you had looked".

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to me like this would have ended the whole thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would have for certain ended things right then and there. I would've said "No worries, it happens." When he states that I mucked my hand like it was fact, that got me riled up.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't OP write that he just won a kill pot? So his money as already in and the dealer still mucked his cards? If that's the case then I'll say the same thing I did in Sublime's thread. This would be no different than theft.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had just won a pot, not a kill pot. You ahve to win two pots in a row to have it killed. I just had the leg up. So no, I did not have any money in the pot.