Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 02:46 AM

Default Re: how many non-ACists read this forum?

I'm a Monarchist:

International Monarchist League

-Zeno
Old 06-20-2007, 03:37 AM

largely libertarian
Old 06-20-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to post and read the content here pretty frequently. No interest whatsoever in pie-in-the-sky AC nonsense and I've noticed that when I do browse here it is harder, than say two years ago, to find anything worth reading after gleaning out the AC rubbish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

A handful of aggressive spammers have now taken over this forum and driven out virtually all meaningful political discourse.

This is an intentional strategy, and will not end as long as the management of TwoPlusTwo continues to tolerate it.

q/q
Old 06-20-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I used to post and read the content here pretty frequently. No interest whatsoever in pie-in-the-sky AC nonsense and I've noticed that when I do browse here it is harder, than say two years ago, to find anything worth reading after gleaning out the AC rubbish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

A handful of aggressive spammers have now taken over this forum and driven out virtually all meaningful political discourse.

This is an intentional strategy, and will not end as long as the management of TwoPlusTwo continues to tolerate it.

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you peddle here is meaningful political discourse I take it?

Allow me to expand on my one-liner: A lot of people here think that "should we continue having a 30%+ federal income tax" is a much more meaningful discussion than "Should we spend the income tax (forgone conclusion) on subsidizing poor people or on blowing up the middle east?" Meanwhile if you just want to talk current events and partisan jostling, I don't see anyone "spamming" threads like "Gore/Obama".
Old 06-20-2007, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not ACist but I think the AC threads are interesting because they make very good arguments. You know what an argument is right? It's the thing that's not the mindless mud-slinging that you do.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Agreed.

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-20-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This just in...

Ron Paul's poll number are STILL dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, amazing what kind of numbers pollsters can manufacture through manipulation of the truth.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

A handful of intelligent posters have now taken over this forum and driven out virtually all "ZOMG we Republicans and Democrats are soooooo different in how we want to oppress people" discussions.

This is an intentional strategy, and will not end as long as the average 2+2er remains more intelligent than the average person.

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-20-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really a beautiful compliment.

The harder people scream that it's pie in the sky nonsense, without engaging in calm, thoughtful and pleasant discussion, we know who is more comfortable with their ideas, worldview and experiences.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really a beautiful compliment.

The harder people scream that it's pie in the sky nonsense, without engaging in calm, thoughtful and pleasant discussion, we know who is more comfortable with their ideas, worldview and experiences.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, especially as I have never never ever seen an ACist casually dismiss an opposing idea as rubbish.

Just for the record I am neither Statist or ACist. I am a Bolloxist. I believe it is all Bollox.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
Closed Thread