Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Holy crap Circuit City blows

Yup. I'd never go to a place like that not already knowing anything I think I need to to make my purchase. But still you think they could at least figure out what kind of memory goes in a camera.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I used to go their a couple times a week, and their computer salesmen were hilarious. I don't know much, but these guys didn't know a damn thing. So little that it was kind of sleazy that they would even try to answer questions instead of just saying, "Hey, I have no clue whatsoever ..." The t.v. guys were really bad too. The only guys I ever saw who knew what they were talking about sometimes were the guys selling speakers, but that would usually only be one out of a crowd of three or four nearby salesmen.

It's cool you bumped into some less than ridiculously inept guys, but they clearly don't screen people for their knowledge or require they get any. I feel basically like I'm talking to salesmen there who might be selling any product whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you go there 2 times a week if you knew you were going to be dealing with this? Are their prices that much better than any other electronics store? Whenever I've compared best buy to circuit city or visa versa they are pretty much the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to work in an office filled with idiots and sometimes I would go to Best Buy during lunch (because I didn't want to hang out with all those idiots) just to kick it and play with electronics... Maybe that's what Blarg's talking about. But I'm sure he'll elaborate.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I used to go their a couple times a week, and their computer salesmen were hilarious. I don't know much, but these guys didn't know a damn thing. So little that it was kind of sleazy that they would even try to answer questions instead of just saying, "Hey, I have no clue whatsoever ..." The t.v. guys were really bad too. The only guys I ever saw who knew what they were talking about sometimes were the guys selling speakers, but that would usually only be one out of a crowd of three or four nearby salesmen.

It's cool you bumped into some less than ridiculously inept guys, but they clearly don't screen people for their knowledge or require they get any. I feel basically like I'm talking to salesmen there who might be selling any product whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you go there 2 times a week if you knew you were going to be dealing with this? Are their prices that much better than any other electronics store? Whenever I've compared best buy to circuit city or visa versa they are pretty much the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was years ago, when I was starting to really get into reading about stereo equipment and was reading like crazy about computers. I wouldn't be going to buy usually. I would go and look at stuff myself. Often the boxes have important info that you can't find in a store's online write-ups, or in reviews, or even on a manufacturer's site. A recent half dozen trips there asking about some computer stuff and some mp3 player stuff made things look pretty much the same.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:08 PM

A few months ago Circuit City fired all of their employees that had worked there for a while and were making decent
money in order to cut costs. So that might have something to do with it.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:24 PM

www.fatwallet.com/c/18 and then search "SD" FTW. Save money and never leave your seat. Retail stores hose you on this sort of stuff unless they are running huge promos which is rare.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
www.fatwallet.com/c/18 and then search "SD" FTW. Save money and never leave your seat. Retail stores hose you on this sort of stuff unless they are running huge promos which is rare.

[/ QUOTE ]

newegg.com almost always has some SD on sale.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:31 PM

You think thats bad??? LOL...try readign some of the posts at this website. The ones that are the best are from the former and current employees

Best Buy Sux
Old 06-19-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bought a car receiver at Circuit City a few years ago and had them install it. Results below:

Piece of dash trim was loose and would always fall off
Door trim was loose and would always fall off
Power window switch reinstalled up side down.

I avoid that place like the plague and only go there as a last resort. I love it when a high percentage of their floor demo TV's are not even on. So classy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to buy a deck for a car my parents gave me when I was a youngin so I went to CC. I found a deck I liked and they had a big sign "get it installed today or it's free (before 5PM)". It's 2PM and I tell the salesdude I want it installed today. He tells me they can't. I ask why not and he says some dude is out to lunch and when he gets back he's busy with other stuff. So I'm like ok, I'll schedule my free installation then. He says it won't be free. I start rasing a stink.

Manager comes over and gets explained the situation and says to me that I won't get the install for free. By now I'm holding up their sign and sticking it in the managers face and giving him hell about it. He finally agrees to give me the install for free and asks when I want to schedule it. I said no thanks and went to Best Buy... where of course I was [censored] in a different way by them.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What you described is completely standard at almost every store nowadays.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Everyone is retarded at every chain store and many local stores. OSH, Home Depot, Toys R Us, Sprint, etc etc etc. Morons, morons, morons.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:49 PM

This is the exact reason if I buy anything electronic over $50, I am buying it online. To get exactly what I need, and to pay less than the horrid retail prices of those stores