Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Tell us about your nickname(s)

Freshman year of college I got really drunk and started making out with a girl, heavy petting style. A friend of hers comes up and taps her on the shoulder, and pulls her aside. Of course the girls leave, but at the time I didn't think much of it. Standard [censored]-block, right?

A couple weeks later, I'm talking to a friend when the friend's buddy tells me there's a story about me floating around. Apparently I have seven - count 'em, seven - STDs. I'm stunned, not only because of the lie, but also the fact that I've never met the person informing me and its a good-sized campus. People I don't know have heard of me, and what they've heard is that I'm diseased?

After a couple days of sleuthing, I trace the rumor to its origins: the [censored]-blocker and her loose friend. Apparently the loose friend had a "serious" boyfriend on whom she would cheat regularly. The [censored]-blocker saw her with me, went nutso, and in order to stop loosey, pulled her aside and told her I was riddled with nasties. Somehow that spread throughout campus. I needed a few minutes even to think of seven STDs.

Of course, I started being called "Drippy," thanks to the discharge associated with Chlamydia.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:30 PM

Evil.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Evil.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that your nickname, or just the reaction to RDH?
Old 06-20-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
White Mike
Got this one in middle school because I was one of the only white kids that played basketball and football. Pretty much the reason they came up with it was because of the show the Waynes Bros and the guy that they called "White Mike" there. This one stuck and people still call me this today and I am almost 25 years old now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, yup. Every nickname i've had stemmed from playing basketball and specifically being white and playing basketball at predominately black schools, parks, gyms, etc.

Bird - from Larry Bird, ldo. This one stood the test of time and has been with me since I was 11.

Price - from Mark Price

Mixtape - from the And1 mixtapes

Tape - shortened from Mixtape (nicknames of nicknames was always a weird concept to me)

And a bunch of others that didn't stick. Basically anytime I went to a gym or playground I wasn't familiar with i'd get a another one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, the black guys at the courts where I played in college called me Lebo and Bird. I preferred Bird.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:32 PM

I never really had a nickname, but I do have a great nickname story.

One year in college, there were two girls in my dorm who went by "J.J."

One of the JJs was what I'd call "cute," maybe a 6 or 6.5. The other JJ was incredibly hot, easily a 9, and a definite 10 on the Duke scale.

Inevitably, we (meaning the guys in the dorm) began referring to the two JJs as "JJ-The Beautiful One" and "JJ-The Other One." Of course, none of the girls in the dorm knew about this.

My roommate, who was a very nice guy but definitely a bookworm/nerd, took a fancy to JJ-The Other One and ended up inviting her to a formal or some dance thing. I don't think she was really interested, but she accepted and was cool about it. She was a really cool girl, actually.

Anyway, the day of the formal comes and JJ-The Other One comes to our room to meet my roommate. The three of us are shooting the breeze, and the following exchange occurs:

Me: blah blah blah
JJ-The Other One: blah blah blah
Roommate: Oh yeah, that reminds me, the other day I was talking to JJ-The Beautiful One---
[beat]
JJ-The Other One: Wow, thanks a lot!
Me: [covers mouth and runs from room, trying not to laugh hysterically]

I immediately burst into my next door neighbor's room to retell this story, and we laughed until our sides hurt. My roommate never heard the end of it.

I'll never forget the look on my roommate's face as he realized what he'd just said--a combination of a panic, fear, disappointment, resignation that he'd never get in JJ-The Other One's pants---all in one.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:01 PM

What's RDH?
Old 06-20-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's RDH?

[/ QUOTE ]
RunDownHouse
Old 06-21-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Freshman year of college I got really drunk and started making out with a girl, heavy petting style. A friend of hers comes up and taps her on the shoulder, and pulls her aside. Of course the girls leave, but at the time I didn't think much of it. Standard [censored]-block, right?

A couple weeks later, I'm talking to a friend when the friend's buddy tells me there's a story about me floating around. Apparently I have seven - count 'em, seven - STDs. I'm stunned, not only because of the lie, but also the fact that I've never met the person informing me and its a good-sized campus. People I don't know have heard of me, and what they've heard is that I'm diseased?

After a couple days of sleuthing, I trace the rumor to its origins: the [censored]-blocker and her loose friend. Apparently the loose friend had a "serious" boyfriend on whom she would cheat regularly. The [censored]-blocker saw her with me, went nutso, and in order to stop loosey, pulled her aside and told her I was riddled with nasties. Somehow that spread throughout campus. I needed a few minutes even to think of seven STDs.

Of course, I started being called "Drippy," thanks to the discharge associated with Chlamydia.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that is so wrong but I seriously just LOL'd
Old 06-21-2007, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
paging dominic:

[/ QUOTE ]

well...Jenna J. gave it to me BEFORE we hooked up. It was a joke. But I'll take all the meaning that it implies! It was a L.A. nickname for years...but no one in Vegas knows it so no one calls me it anymore.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:32 AM

lol, i hadn't noticed it was made your undertitle. when did that happen? i thought that thread was old . . .