Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 07:22 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power
Default Re: Biggest pot of my life

[ QUOTE ]

And yes, that is approximately a sixth of my current bankroll, and a significant % of my net worth, so it is a pretty big [censored] deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a huge nit by comparison. I like to have 25 buyins; I couldn't image mu losses in a single pot representing 1/6 my roll.

Stars should probably be smart to reimburse you due to the potential loss in future rake, however I don't think they should feel obligated to do so. You choose to play high speed tables and part of the downside is what happened to you. Don't forget that you benefit from the speed by getting in more hands. Additionally, you'll also benefit from your opponent being folded when the rolls are reversed.

In the long run, when you factor in the extra hands, I bet this feature makes you money. Of course, this is assuming you are a winning player.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:32 PM

take a nap
Old 06-18-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
another about it open-folding hands instead of checking them.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...i thought this was happening sometimes.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:36 PM

Dear cowpig,

First we would like to apologize that you suffered what seems like a misfortune while playing at one of our tables. We make it our goal to provide our players with the highest level of satisfaction at our site. Unfortunately tho your fold was not due to a software glitch but your own inability to act in the alloted time. There are only 3 buttons to push and numerous tests were run in a controlled setting using monkeys and it was found that no longer than 15 seconds was needed for the complex decision of which of 3 buttons to push.

We see however that you are indeed a large rake contributor to our site and we would like to make it up to you as per your request and give you the equity of the hand in question. Upon reviewing the action and hole cards of the other player we also agree that this hand was definitely going to showdown in an all in situation. Player 'PutzRabbit33' was dealt the hole cards 8d8s giving him 87.77%(repeating of course) equity.

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 12.223% 12.22% 00.00% 1112887 0.00 { AdAh }
Hand 1: 87.777% 87.78% 00.00% 7991873 0.00 { 8d8s }

We have further deducted $763 dollars from your account and transfered it to player 'PutzRabbit33'. We appreciate your support of pokerstars and wish you continued success at the tables

Thank you,

Tyler
pokerstars support staff
Old 06-18-2007, 07:43 PM

"listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that. "
Old 06-18-2007, 07:45 PM

loll @ alobar's post.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:52 PM

I don't get why it folded you when there wasn't even a bet. At the very least it should have just forced you to check behind rather than folding.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:59 PM

Location: I used to drink rum, I still do, but I used to too.

[ QUOTE ]
Dear cowpig,

First we would like to apologize that you suffered what seems like a misfortune while playing at one of our tables. We make it our goal to provide our players with the highest level of satisfaction at our site. Unfortunately tho your fold was not due to a software glitch but your own inability to act in the alloted time. There are only 3 buttons to push and numerous tests were run in a controlled setting using monkeys and it was found that no longer than 15 seconds was needed for the complex decision of which of 3 buttons to push.

We see however that you are indeed a large rake contributor to our site and we would like to make it up to you as per your request and give you the equity of the hand in question. Upon reviewing the action and hole cards of the other player we also agree that this hand was definitely going to showdown in an all in situation. Player 'PutzRabbit33' was dealt the hole cards 8d8s giving him 87.77%(repeating of course) equity.

We have further deducted $763 dollars from your account and transfered it to player 'PutzRabbit33'. We appreciate your support of pokerstars and wish you continued success at the tables

Thank you,

Tyler
pokerstars support staff

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, if op really thinks they would refund his money, then they would have to also remove money sometimes. ahahha, sorry op, no chance.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:22 PM

I had this happen on a limit 3-6 table and they refunded all my money, but that was a couple years ago.

And only like 42 bucks...
Old 06-18-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear cowpig,

Thank you,

Tyler
pokerstars support staff

[/ QUOTE ]

Fking awesome, nh sir.