Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Official Flight of the Concords Thread

the show seems decent enough (i have just seen the first episode online, is that the only one?) but i saw a bunch of their stand up bits on youtube and I love a lot of that stuff. I am really looking forward to seeing more of their material.

the show won't last long though right? my understanding is that music is much harder to write than a sitcom script, on a minute for minute basis at least, they are not going to be able to keep this up (without giving up quality) for very long.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:00 AM

I really don't get where the Napolean Dynamite parallels are coming from. I think people who compare Flight of the Conchords to Napolean Dynamite have a very narrow sense of humor. I'm not saying a bad sense of humor, so don't take that the wrong way, but I just don't see how they're similar. Although, Germaine is in that new movie, Eagle versus Shark, which I have read is a lot like Napolean Dynamite...
Old 06-22-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't get where the Napolean Dynamite parallels are coming from. I think people who compare Flight of the Conchords to Napolean Dynamite have a very narrow sense of humor. I'm not saying a bad sense of humor, so don't take that the wrong way, but I just don't see how they're similar. Although, Germaine is in that new movie, Eagle versus Shark, which I have read is a lot like Napolean Dynamite...

[/ QUOTE ]

I compared it to Napoleon (which I've only seen 15 minutes of) because the pace is slow. It's also awkward and very dull until they start singing. How can you NOT see that they are SIMILAR? (note the word similar, not 'exactly alike')

Narrow sense of humor? I'm sure you don't find everything in this world hilarious, you're basically a closed-minded, humor-bigoted fun-ophobe. Which can be explained if your location is really the Lodi DMV [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Don't worry, it's not an insult. You just need to be more progressive and accepting.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:47 PM

the only way i see that they are similar is that they are both dead-pan comedies. other than that they seem completely different. but based on that point, you would say dynamite is like spinal tap.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only way i see that they are similar is that they are both dead-pan comedies. other than that they seem completely different. but based on that point, you would say dynamite is like spinal tap.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Flight of the Conchords was a movie without their singing, I definitely wouldn't have made it past the 20 minute mark. I was actually looking forward to this show... I saw the preview at a local movie theater and was laughing like crazy.

I've been browsing youtube after some comments and I like what I've heard.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Narrow sense of humor? I'm sure you don't find everything in this world hilarious, you're basically a closed-minded, humor-bigoted fun-ophobe. Which can be explained if your location is really the Lodi DMV [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Don't worry, it's not an insult. You just need to be more progressive and accepting.

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, what? I love comedy, and I have a really broad range of comedians, movies, etc that I enjoy for different reasons. I don't just lump things in to irrelevant categories because of their pace. I've seen Flight of the Conchords stand-up, and I've watched the show, and I've never once thought that it was similar to Napoleon Dynamite.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, what? I love comedy, and I have a really broad range of comedians, movies, etc that I enjoy for different reasons. I don't just lump things in to irrelevant categories because of their pace. I've seen Flight of the Conchords stand-up, and I've watched the show, and I've never once thought that it was similar to Napoleon Dynamite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opinion > *.
Wait, your opinion = fact, amirite?
Old 06-22-2007, 05:10 PM

Wow, you're a douche.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:49 AM

i didnt know what to think of this show when i first saw it last week , but it's grown on me big time ...but i have to say without the music the show would be pretty bland ...lets see how long they can keep it up ...
Old 06-24-2007, 01:28 PM

I saw an episode last night and thought the whole thing was pretty awesome. I would watch the show with or without the songs.