Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Live 10/25 @ the WSOP... I hate folding...

i'd say he has a set, but I still shove and gamboool with 11 outs twice and the $ in the pot, but live players do play rele bad and u have no reads to go on that he is a nit, u just assumed
Old 06-17-2007, 02:30 PM

I'm pretty certain that pushing this flop against a nit is -EV.

I opted to call, and c/f a 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] turn. My logic was that there may be some hands that he raises the flop with that I beat, but I think most of them slow down on the turn when I call the flop.

I think villain has QQ+ <1% of the time. So like the only hands I'm really ahead of here are like JxK[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or JxQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]... and I just feel like he probably doesn't push the turn with these...

Like in the regular online games this is obv a no-brainer "get it in somewhere" hand but I really feel like most of the time this nit raises the flop I'm drawing to 7 outs or 11 outs vs. a big redraw. Then when he bets the turn I'm almost certainly way behind, and "save" myself $1600 while not really losing much of the equity of my hand because his turn bet tells me I didn't have a whole lot to begin with. I folded face-up, and most people at the table were like "wow" while the kid was visibly upset that he didn't get paid off as he raked in the pot.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:37 PM

hmmmm...if you it in your head that hes a huge nit then how is calling better than folding?? if spade hits you get no more money from him, and if it doesnt hit you fold. Huge nits don't raise to 700 with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J in this spot.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:49 PM

most live players are really bad dude gotta get it in, you don't think he'll push the turn with KsJ? lol they push the turn with KdJd trying to protect their hand
Old 06-17-2007, 03:52 PM

I really think this is push or fold, and lean toward fold vs player described
Old 06-17-2007, 04:10 PM

Its either push or flat call. If I flat call its obviously with intent to felt this no matter what happens in the end. Theres no way I fold here for 100 BB.

Pushing is a more basic standard play and I dont think its a bad one. Flat calling is obviously trying to take advantage of the fact that turn and river cards are going to make your life easier and your opp's life harder (there are really no bad turn or river cards for you hand, whereas there are many other hands that do have bad turn and river cards). Unfortunately, to counterbalance this, the opp does have position on you.

A flat call with the idea of -

a) pushing into him on any turn that is a 4th spade

b) Otherwise, c/r all-in on any other turn. If the villain checks behind, I think a c/r all-in on any river is best.

- might be better than just the standard flop all-in. Its a more sophisticated play, though im not sure if its a better one.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its either push or flat call. If I flat call its obviously with intent to felt this no matter what happens in the end. Theres no way I fold here for 100 BB.

Pushing is a more basic standard play and I dont think its a bad one. Flat calling is obviously trying to take advantage of the fact that turn and river cards are going to make your life easier and your opp's life harder (there are really no bad turn or river cards for you hand, whereas there are many other hands that do have bad turn and river cards). Unfortunately, to counterbalance this, the opp does have position on you.

A flat call with the idea of -

a) pushing into him on any turn that is a 4th spade

b) Otherwise, c/r all-in on any other turn. If the villain checks behind, I think a c/r all-in on any river is best.

- might be better than just the standard flop all-in. Its a more sophisticated play, though im not sure if its a better one.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you even talking about
Old 06-17-2007, 05:35 PM

if you dont shove this flop you are also a nit.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you dont shove this flop you are also a nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lefort is not a nit. Blanket statements like this one just betray your ignorance.

Lefort, Jfish, why is this not a push or fold situation?
Old 06-18-2007, 04:36 PM

Just because if he s a nit and you push flop he will find a surnatural fold with the few hands you beat and want to put the money in with.However when you do call flop he will push turn with all his range:some of them beat you but you have outs,and you already ahead sometimes too...Right?