Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: 50NL but 300BB deep and I\'m not sure if I want to gamble here

I like it too!!
Old 06-15-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, it is probably counter-intuitive, but a good player should be more willing to gamble in these types of spots than a marginal winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone seems to agree, but I don't get it. Anyone want to explain?
Old 06-15-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, your winrate at 100bb isn't going to be significantly lower than at 300bb against this type of player, so building up a stack isn't going to be that hard. Perhaps it is you that doesn't quite understand my argument?

[/ QUOTE ]

UHHHHHHHHHHHHH??????????? You're just plain wrong there. Your winrate is going to scale just about linearly here since the vast majority of your profit will be coming from the maniac, and based on the read - he does not seem to be adjusting his playing style much based on stack sizes. If it is 10BB/100 when stacked for 100BB, it is going to be reaching 40BB/100 when playing with 400BB effective stacks. And that is the gist of the matter. The difference in earn rates between a normal buyin and the deep buyin are going to be huge.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, it is probably counter-intuitive, but a good player should be more willing to gamble in these types of spots than a marginal winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone seems to agree, but I don't get it. Anyone want to explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone's agreeing because of 2+2 SSH machismo. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

In reality it would make much more sense for a marginal player to gamble in this spot. This is almost assuredly a +EV spot, while passing here planning to play postflop against a maniac with 400BB deep stacks can be very dangerous for a marginal player.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:33 PM

I agree with Dire here, and I'm not sold his range is as wide as everybody says (Kx???)..maybe so, but meh. I think we'll have another opportunity very soon to get it in with at least TP.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it is 10BB/100 when stacked for 100BB, it is going to be reaching 40BB/100 when playing with 400BB effective stacks. And that is the gist of the matter. The difference in earn rates between a normal buyin and the deep buyin are going to be huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly disagree on this one. Just because you are 4x deeper than normal stacks, doesnt mean your winrate is going to be 4x as much. It still requires a lot more raising to get those results.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it is 10BB/100 when stacked for 100BB, it is going to be reaching 40BB/100 when playing with 400BB effective stacks. And that is the gist of the matter. The difference in earn rates between a normal buyin and the deep buyin are going to be huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly disagree on this one. Just because you are 4x deeper than normal stacks, doesnt mean your winrate is going to be 4x as much. It still requires a lot more raising to get those results.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant specifically against this villain. When he's repeatedly running multistreet bluffs and shoving for 400BB preflop with a presumably wide range - the profit's going to be linear with the amount of money you have unless he adjusts - but there's no reason to believe he is seriously adjusting his play or this wouldn't have been an even remotely interesting hand to begin with!
Old 06-15-2007, 08:05 PM

Most likely any Ace Any pair here yes?
equity
Hand 0: 58.281% { AQo }
Hand 1: 41.719% { 22+, A2s+, A2o+ }

For this to be a flip he has to tighten up to any broadway A, any pair and KQs

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 49.423% { AQo }
Hand 1: 50.577% ( 22+, ATs+, KQs, ATo+, KQo }

Does anyone really believe, based on this guys description, that his range is THAT tight?

I wouldn't be surprised if hero has >55% here on average. I kiss the monitor when he shoves and snap-call.

Waiting for a better spot sucks because there is no way of knowing how long he'll stick around.

Wanting to fold in a spot where you have >55% equity because it's 300BB sounds like a bankroll issue. It's a +++EV spot.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:22 PM

whoever said to limp-call ace queen utg and evaluate the flop has to be leveling.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant specifically against this villain. When he's repeatedly running multistreet bluffs and shoving for 400BB preflop with a presumably wide range - the profit's going to be linear with the amount of money you have unless he adjusts - but there's no reason to believe he is seriously adjusting his play or this wouldn't have been an even remotely interesting hand to begin with!

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing is, with your strategy you will end up folding in a lot of marginal call spots when the dude runs 3 street bluffs.