Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: SOMEONE HAS ROBBED $10,000 OUT OF MY NETELLER PLEASE HELP.

[ QUOTE ]

this story sounds made up

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
come on guys nothing positive that could be added?

Neteller is a online merchant classed as a online bank. So why shouldnt i feel safe that my funds are there. Also, whats wrong with keeping sensitive information within an email.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, if this doesn't strike everyone else as an obvious gimmick account post then I don't know what to say

[/ QUOTE ]

No this is not the case i know the guy who this has happened to, he doesnt speak english well and has not clarified his situation properly.
The Guy who hacked his account used his email to make the poker account, he tried to take all the 10k out in one go but it was declined, so he made smaller withdrwal amounts.

My firend contacted the poker site to tell them some1 else was using his neteller details to deposit and they told him the email used etc and resend a new pw etc,, that is how he was able to "log in".

The money was lost to "regulars" according to support so i wonder what he can do about it?
Is there a way to match Ips or something to put a location on the hacker?
This type of stealing is totaly sickening man, what can you do to protect yourself....
Old 06-14-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Neteller is a online merchant classed as a online bank. So why shouldnt i feel safe that my funds are there. Also, whats wrong with keeping sensitive information within an email.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, if this doesn't strike everyone else as an obvious gimmick account post then I don't know what to say

[/ QUOTE ]

No this is not the case i know the guy who this has happened to, he doesnt speak english well and has not clarified his situation properly.
The Guy who hacked his account used his email to make the poker account, he tried to take all the 10k out in one go but it was declined, so he made smaller withdrwal amounts.

My firend contacted the poker site to tell them some1 else was using his neteller details to deposit and they told him the email used etc and resend a new pw etc,, that is how he was able to "log in".

The money was lost to "regulars" according to support so i wonder what he can do about it?
Is there a way to match Ips or something to put a location on the hacker?
This type of stealing is totaly sickening man, what can you do to protect yourself....

[/ QUOTE ]

Your friend should have had you post his original post for him. The original post was a bit strange sounding.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cakepoker has a max of like $1,000 per 24 hours doesn't it? (I know I had to send in my info and my max deposit is only $5,000 per 24 hours and $10K per week)

this story sounds made up

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know if this is true, there was 4x2500 withdrawls made from my friend.. it should be the case with every site to stop things like this happening
Old 06-14-2007, 10:31 PM

Should the poker site take responsibilty for this as it is up to them to verify their players and not allow excessive deposits to be made without proper ID (passport Drivers licence etc.. ).
Old 06-14-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 06-14-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should the poker site take responsibilty for this as it is up to them to verify their players and not allow excessive deposits to be made without proper ID (passport Drivers licence etc.. ).

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, look, assuming you're not a troll... your friend needs to learn basic internet security, i.e., firewall, anti-virus, don't click on random email downloads, etc, etc, etc.

once they had control of your friend's neteller account they had all of the personal info needed to satisfy a site's burden of proof. If a brand new acct was created, the site should have some sort of monitoring in place that can help establish what you claim happened. otoh, if the thieves dumped the money wisely, you're probably screwed. which you really are, anyway. sorry man, that sucks.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:44 AM

so an account is made u call them and say it deposited money from ur neteller so they trust u and give u new email and the ip adress and all the info to the account after accusing you of trying tto scam them for the money back?

and what do u think the police are going ot do??

somebody stole money from neteller that closing down and put it into a pokersite across the sea
Old 06-15-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and what do u think the police are going ot do??

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - aren't you the guy who wanted to call the police over a 1k p2p stars scam, like 2 days ago?
Old 06-15-2007, 04:39 PM

I don't see cake poker handing out IP addresses regardless of the situation.