Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Anyone got an weird/unusual golf stories?

Thee 9th hole of Juniper's Lakeside course in Northboro Mass is a 320 yard dogleg left, with a mound and trees on the inside of the curve obscuring the green from the tee.

We're putting out, one Saturday in October years ago, when a ball comes bounding over the mound, rolls up onto the green and stops about 10 feet from the hole.
We were partly pissed someone hit into us, and partly amazed at the shot, so we waited for the culprit to come around the bend.

So over the hump comes this scraggly looking guy with long black hair. Couldn't have been more than 150 lbs soaking wet.

"Sorry guys, didn't see you there."

Alice Cooper had just hit into my group! He was in the area for an appearance at Spookyworld (I think it's in Foxboro).

He lipped the eagle putt btw.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:57 PM

420 yard Par 4. I snaphook drive, headed left towards cornfield OB. Ball hits one of the white hollow plastic OB stakes (about 1 inch diameter), the stake literally explodes and the ball kicks straight right back into the fairway. Just short with 4 iron, chip up & make par.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:44 PM

Playing in a charity tournament in Glendale, Arizona. There was lots of new home construction going on around the course so sometimes they would erect big green wind screens around some of the areas to pretty up the course.

We are riding in the cart and just before we go behind one of the wind screens by a tee box, we see an old man passed out near a mound of dirt on a construction site.

We slam on the brakes and get out to take a look. He looks elderly and he's stiff as a board.

I go back to the previous green where there was a closest to the pin contest. They had a pretty girl sitting by the green to make sure nobody cheated for the prize. The look on her face was priceless when I told her to call the pro shop because there was a dead body next to the tee box.

We waited around for the golf course manager and he said go ahead and keep playing (we didn't want to hold up the rest of the tournament). The police will find you if they need to talk to you.

All four of us hit perfect drives on the hole. Probably because golf was the last thing on our minds.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:18 PM

A playing partner of mine hit a line drive on a par three over the water.

At first we thought it might catch a bounce on the other side and go on the green, but that was before it hit the duck.

That duck got drilled right in the head, rolled around, flapping it's wings and basically having a siezure. It died by the time we reached it.

And his ball did make it up onto the ground and out of the water, it kinda deflected off the ducks head.

Very cool, but he did feel bad.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:13 PM

Not really unusual, but it felt good at the time.

So playing a nice Par 3 (SI 15) at my local, 146yards (medal tees) to the centre of the green. Have to carry a water hazard 135 yards, so the green is pretty tight let alone a pin position. Manage to hit a horrible chop with my PW and my ball drops cluelessly into the hazard.
So elect to play again from the tee box, drop one, and hit the shot i wanted to in the first place. High shot starting just left of the flag, pitches a couple of feet over it and screws back and right a touch straight into the cup. Easy par.

BTW my course is 5000ft above sea level, hence a PW to 145 yards.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:14 PM

During my 3rd or 4th round of golf ever, I saw a guy get struck by lighting maybe 50ft away from me.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
During my 3rd or 4th round of golf ever, I saw a guy get struck by lighting maybe 50ft away from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

must have been a shocking experience