Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: WSOP TR part 7, The Never Ending Gory, Event 15 and Venetian 1k

I'm fairly new to 2+2 and mostly active in STTs. But I really enjoy reading your reports, you have a great writing style. But I feel just terrible reading all the bad beats you're writing about. You seem to play very solid but get beat all the time by some runner runner.
Keep up the good play and I just hope the best for you. Are u playing the main event?
Old 06-14-2007, 07:51 AM

Default Re: WSOP TR part 7, The Never Ending Gory, Event 15 and Venetian 1k

Hey, it was great playing with you at the Venetian. I'm the guy who liked his meal at the Italian place at the Rio the night before. I may have been MP1 from:

[ QUOTE ]

MP1 is a young guy who seems TAG and smart. MP2 is middle aged guy who I don’t have much read on. At 100/200 25 ante MP1 makes it 700, MP2 calls (both have about 12 or 13k behind) and it folds to me in the BB with AsTs. I call for 500 more.

Flop: Ah Ks Qs
HOLY SHIAAAAAAAAAT! Their stacks are both pretty good for a big check raise, and that board promises to have hit one of them. I check. Mp1 checks, and Mp2 bets 2100. I make it 8500 (most of his stack) and MP1 folds. Mp2 goes into the tank for a moment, then declares “yea, I can’t fold this” and jams the rest in. I obviously call and he flips up KdQd. Sweet, I have 17 outs, all in behind with the best hand.
Turn: Td
Yes, I am going to have HUGE stack early.
River: Qh.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I had a hand like that developed where I had 99 or 88 and was very uninterested in my hand after the flop.

And I'm nearly positive I'm the bookish looking about 30 year old from:

[ QUOTE ]

After we get back from dinner my table is broken and I show up to my new seat with about 60k in chips at 600/1200 blinds with 100 ante. The player in seat 1 is a middle aged guy with about a 90k stack, and the player on my immediate right is about 30, bookish looking, and we had been making chat at my 2nd table. He has about 25-30k.

A round or two into my stay at the table the aforementioned big stack raises to 3200 on the hijack. It folds to the SB who calls, and in the BB with QhTs I toss in 2000 as well.

Flop: Qd 9s 7c
SB checks. I decide to check and see what the big stack does. I considered betting, but if I lead out about 5k and the hijack raises I would be absolutely clueless OOP and I guess fold? HJ checks behind.
Turn: Qs
SB looks down at his chips for a moment, then fires out 6k. He has like 20k more I think. I raise to 20k since board is moderately draw heavy and if he’s got me beat he’ll be shoving river anyway and HJ folds. SB goes all in for 6k more and I obviously call. He flips up 77 for a boat, [censored].
River: 5
Damn it, there went my nice big stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely remember your stylish garb and your putting on your jacket early on your exit. Good luck with the rest of your tournaments.