Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2006, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Who is nestegg1?

[ QUOTE ]
Alright boys I will respond to all of this crap at once. First of all, these big name players are horrible in online cash games. I have proven that by destroying all of them consistently. Second, Strassa is a great player and i never belittled him. Third, I talk a lot of crap to them because they give me insane action because of it.

[/ QUOTE ]i assume you are referring to big name players are the red name full tilt pros; yes they are not as great as you'd expect; however taking 1 buyin from them in a hu battle doesn't mean destroying them consistently.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:53 AM

Zeebo, when I say i destroyed them on a consistant basis I mean I have only lost 2 HU matches out of about 20. And yes you were able to suck out a flush draw on my set on the river and called 5k with top pair against my open ended straight flush draw, but you are a basement level pro so I do not include you in the 20 matches. I also notice that every time I sit down to play HU with you, you run away like a little girl. If you dont believe I am better than them/and or you I will play you on as many tables as you want for as long as you want until I break you like I have broken all of them.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:26 PM

Zeebo is up 175K in January alone. I think you better watch out before he challenges you to 50/100 HU.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:23 PM

FYI - Nestegg1 is playing Matusow HU - $25-50 on Full Tilt right now.

-TripKings

Old 02-26-2006, 02:17 PM

he is just sitting there now, how did it turn out?
Old 02-26-2006, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also notice that every time I sit down to play HU with you, you run away like a little girl. If you dont believe I am better than them/and or you I will play you on as many tables as you want for as long as you want until I break you like I have broken all of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does it seem like almost every young "internet star" acts like a trash-talking douchebag? Is it just that we don't notice the polite self-confident ones as they quietly win their money, or do such decent people just not exist in big numbers among the (supposedly) big winners online?

Thanks, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 02-26-2006, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also notice that every time I sit down to play HU with you, you run away like a little girl. If you dont believe I am better than them/and or you I will play you on as many tables as you want for as long as you want until I break you like I have broken all of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does it seem like almost every young "internet star" acts like a trash-talking douchebag? Is it just that we don't notice the polite self-confident ones as they quietly win their money, or do such decent people just not exist in big numbers among the (supposedly) big winners online?

Thanks, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about this recently when some dickwad cut me off on my way home from work. I think it's possible that the qualities of being an [censored] might, in some ways, be closely aligned with being successful in a number of endeavors, including poker. Basically, not giving a [censored] how somebody else feels (or maybe not really being aware that other people really exist) leaves these people unencumbered on their quest for fame and fortune. Of course there are people who are aggressive and talented and also happen to be good human beings, but that requires a lot more depth and complexity.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:34 PM

Greg,

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that instead of interacting with a wide range of people, having all sorts of different life experiences, and growing up in the way many of us have, for a lot of these kids, the online poker world is all they know. All of their relationships are within the online and tourney poker community. Their sense of self is developed from this very insular community which has a pretty healthy percentage of scumbags and a-holes. This leads to them often having their own conveniently malleable moral compass and (lack of) ethics and a way of interacting with people that wouldn't fly in the real world. All of this tends to be concentrated in far greater degrees among the kids who seem to be totally wrapped up in this lifestyle.

As you know, while there are many great people involved in poker, there are also lots of scumbags, cheaters, and a-holes. Part of growing up is learning to evaluate what type of people you want to associate with. I think a lot of these internet kids (again, specifically the ones who identify almost completely with this whole poker lifestyle) are missing the tools that allow them to not be taken down the wrong track by those elements.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:47 PM

El D,

I'm surprised the Magic Community hasn't set more kids straight.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Greg,

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that instead of interacting with a wide range of people, having all sorts of different life experiences, and growing up in the way many of us have, for a lot of these kids, the online poker world is all they know. All of their relationships are within the online and tourney poker community. Their sense of self is developed from this very insular community which has a pretty healthy percentage of scumbags and a-holes. This leads to them often having their own conveniently malleable moral compass and (lack of) ethics and a way of interacting with people that wouldn't fly in the real world. All of this tends to be concentrated in far greater degrees among the kids who seem to be totally wrapped up in this lifestyle.

As you know, while there are many great people involved in poker, there are also lots of scumbags, cheaters, and a-holes. Part of growing up is learning to evaluate what type of people you want to associate with. I think a lot of these internet kids (again, specifically the ones who identify almost completely with this whole poker lifestyle) are missing the tools that allow them to not be taken down the wrong track by those elements.

[/ QUOTE ]

El Diablo,

If I hear the term "moral compass" one more time, my head will surely explode.

However, most of the what you say is true: I'm sure if I didn't have to spend my late-teens and early-to-mid 20s, broke, working crap jobs, making life mistakes, interracting with all kinds of different people, I'd be a insulated poker brat too.