Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 02:54 AM

Default Re: The Lounge Screenplay Collective

How about something like "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man"?
Old 06-09-2007, 03:06 PM

Though I like the idea, a work like this would never be original. Granted, nothing wrong with an adaptation - you'd have to do litte, if any, research - it just seems anticollaborative, so probably not best suited for a group.

Any ideas on an outline/sequence of events for any storylines so far?
Old 06-09-2007, 04:38 PM

I dunno if this would ever happen. My experience writing with groups is that everyone tries to do their own thing too much and just screws it up. It's especially tough without a leader, but I guess fifield would be the de facto leader here.

I don't mean to be discouraging, and it sounds like a cool idea just to see what comes of it, but just pegging down a main story would be difficult, not to mention the outlining of the script. What's plot point 1 and 2, what's the conclusion, etc.?
Old 06-09-2007, 05:03 PM

I think this could work if it remains a story, or idea that is not highly personal (ie: a story I have been thinking of for last 2 years). This way, everyone is impartial to it. Furthermore, to avoid greed/recognition, this should be done for fun, not for money or fame.

I like the comedy murder/thriller idea. Somewhat similar to the recent hit movie Hot Fuss.

BTW, I have no experience in this type of thing, but I will add my thoughts anyway; a movie where el Diablo is set up is too cliche. You need to have a different premise. Personally, I think it is hard to do something original w/ these types of movies. Maybe a who done it? El Diablo or his friend.

BTW: I just watched the movie Ghost, and it is kind of cool in terms of the story/idea. It is kind of a comedy/mystery/murder story, check it out.

I think once the genre is established, it is important to watch alot of movies in that genre to understand it better.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:39 PM

Okay, so let's stick to what we know and have a lot of experience watching.

I'll work up some of the dialogue, like, "Uh, hi. I'm here to deliver the pizza."
Old 06-09-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My experience writing with groups is that everyone tries to do their own thing too much and just screws it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

While group efforts may normally derail projects like this, for all people like myself, group efforts are necessary to even hope for a glimpse of completion. And besides, the varying perspectives of a common story need to be fostered here, not dismissed. It is these differences that, combined, could create something unique and attention-worthy. It will not be possible to have too much differing input here.

[ QUOTE ]
a movie where el Diablo is set up is too cliche. You need to have a different premise. Personally, I think it is hard to do something original w/ these types of movies.

[/ QUOTE ]

The multiple levels of reality, autohypnosis idea is great, doesn't involve ElD being set up, and may even be an original idea in that it's self induced and not a factor of multiple personalities, amnesia, drug use,.

Any outline/sequence of events suggestions?
Old 06-09-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think once the genre is established, it is important to watch alot of movies in that genre to understand it better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any idea or input that follows the general storyline would work well, in whatever genre anyone is most comfortable. Whatever comes naturally. Just get it out here, if it kicks ass, regardless of clashing genre or appropriateness, it will work. It might be awesome to have a tender reprieve from mayhem and bloodbath. Or what about an opening number from ElD and friends to kick things off through the opening credits? The messier, the better, to begin. Genre labelling is too emphasized.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:25 PM

lol this is never going to work...but good luck
Old 06-09-2007, 10:05 PM

Blarg,
You posted an idea for a screenplay a few months ago (half jokingly?) in the lounge. I recall it as intriguing and unique but can't, for the life of me, remember the concept. Something about America?

I'll think on this and come back, hopefully, with something decent to contribute. I think I've got some ideas scribbled down somewhere.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:31 AM

If it was me, it must have been at least half-jokingly. I can't recall whatever it was at this time.