Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Re: POG Movie/Music/TV Club Thread

Sorry guys.. I kinda spaced this.

Should I start with the movie or try to get the album.. if I do get the album any suggestions where?
Old 06-14-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one else has sent in any albums/movies other than HBE and chuck, so please do so!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump bump bump

Also, sidechat: anyone watch The 4400? It's a summer series on USA that starts back up soon. Not the BEST SHOW EVER, but it's pretty good. Particularly if you're a fan of sci-fi shows that focus more on characters than sci-fi hurf blurf stuff. I'm excited for it to come back. The first season is a miniseries, so it should be pretty cheap to rent/buy if you're interested.

From Wikipedia: In the pilot episode, what is originally thought to be a comet deposits a group of exactly 4400 people at Highland Beach, in the Cascade Range foothills near Mount Rainier, Washington. All of the 4400 disappeared at various times starting in 1946. After their return, none have aged, all are disoriented, and remember nothing between the time of their disappearance and their return.

The National Threat Assessment Command (NTAC), a division of the Department of Homeland Security, is in charge of dealing with the return of the 4400. There is a multitude of agents assigned to the cases of investigating the 4400. The series primarily follows two of them, Tom Baldwin and Diana Skouris, and theory room consultant Marco Pacella.

Many of the returnees have trouble trying to get their lives back on track after being separated from their world for years. More significantly, a small number of the returnees begin to manifest paranormal abilities, such as telekinesis, telepathy, precognition, as well as other "gifts." In addition, one of the 4400 (Lily Moore) has become pregnant between her disappearance and return.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:20 PM

Ridiculously nice 1st and 2nd season.

3rd season, not so much.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ridiculously nice 1st and 2nd season.

3rd season, not so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one thing that makes me say it's not a GREAT show (although definitely worth watching). The seasons do each feel like it's a slightly different show, which is a bit jarring especially when watching it on DVD. Some people hate season 2 but liked season 3, some feel like you do.

The main downside of season 3 was Isabelle, but I blame that on the actress being a talentless hack. I still enjoyed the season for the most part, and the last few episodes were pretty great in my opinion.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:25 PM

Agreed. Eh... Last few episodes were ok. Yes, Isabelle really sucked.

It was just kind of a letdown after a nice buildup (s3, IMHO), and I don't know.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last few episodes were ok. Yes, Isabelle really sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

She really, really did.

On the other hand, I liked Richard a whole lot more when he was dealing with her, so I 'unno.

Mostly I'm just excited, hopefully we'll have a whole season of Jordan Collier being in the picture as long as Billy Campbell doesn't decide to go air balloon around the world or something again.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:05 PM

Hey guys I'm listening tonight... I had an ingrown toenail I got cut out today and am on vicodyn so that may change my thought processess
Old 06-15-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys I'm listening tonight... I had an ingrown toenail I got cut out today and am on vicodyn so that may change my thought processess

[/ QUOTE ]

You are now 25% more ilkely to enjoy this album

its good stuff, ill get to writing the rest of my track by track review tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:06 PM

sup where all da commentary at

I want to see if people liked those middle tracks or not, also whether people agree that Dr. Baker is awesomenss
Old 06-16-2007, 08:57 PM

As for the middle tracks, I enjoyed them. But if I were to get one of the full records, the middle tracks would be the last.