Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2006, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Doyles Room

I'm pretty sure the 100 points/$1 is wrong. Like the link says, the most action points that can be awarded is 300, and it's divided by the contributors.

I've only played about 100 hands there, but so far pokertracker says i've paid $5.25 in rake, and doyles room has me at 374 action points. so it's not 1 to 1.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:00 AM

one more thing: most of the action is still concentrated at micro NL, so you might want to take a look at the availability of your game before you commit yourself to this bonus.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've only played about 100 hands there, but so far pokertracker says i've paid $5.25 in rake, and doyles room has me at 374 action points. so it's not 1 to 1.

[/ QUOTE ]
PT probably calculates rake paid by simply dividing the total table rake evenly by the number of players dealt into each hand. you did not contribute the same proportional amount to the pot each time, so your action points count won't match up if you are tighter or looser than the norm.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Action points explained:
http://www.doylesroom.com/promotions/action_points.cfm

[/ QUOTE ]

That explains almost nothing about action points, but thanks.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
PT probably calculates rake paid by simply dividing the total table rake evenly by the number of players dealt into each hand. you did not contribute the same proportional amount to the pot each time, so your action points count won't match up if you are tighter or looser than the norm.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be true, I don't know how pokertracker calculates rake. Still, since most people here figure their PT number and contributed rake amount are the same, it might be good to know there's a difference between your stats and action points.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That may be true, I don't know how pokertracker calculates rake. Still, since most people here figure their PT number and contributed rake amount are the same, it might be good to know there's a difference between your stats and action points.

[/ QUOTE ]

what playersare said addresses this.

if, as you say, most players here figure that their CONTRIBUTED rake and pt's rake numbers are the same, then they are making a mistake that will give them problems at ALL contributed rake sites, such as prima network, pokerroom network and many others, including tribeca.

pt shows "party method," or what i'd call attributed rake, i.e., rake that is attributed to you whether or not you've contributed to the pot.

tribeca uses contributed rake, or rake for only pots that you have contributed to.

further, i believe it is proportional contributed, meaning not only do you have to contribute to the pot to get it, but you only get it for the % of the rake that your % of contribution to the pot is equal to.

so, yes, the action points do equal 100 points for every $1 of contributed rake you generate there.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:02 PM

The figure "Total Rake" under the General Info tab in Poker Tracker is the total amount of rake taken out of pots you win. Its only real purpose is to see how much money you are technically losing because of the rake but in no way determines how much rake each site will attribute to you.

Using the information within Poker Tracker you can calculate your MGR for various sites, but for Doyle's Room the process sounds pretty complicated and I would just think after a couple thousand hands you could just project how many more raked hands it will take based on how many points you are earning for every raked hand to that point...
Old 02-24-2006, 08:38 PM

if you are actually replying to me, then i am aware that the rake shown under the general info tab is exactly what you say.

i assume that most people know that in order to calculate the "party method"/ ATTRIBUTED rake, one must filter for levels under the "preferences" tab, then go to the "game summary" tab, and click "get all," and divide total rake by avg players.

as regards doyle's room, as with any contributed rake room, the process, USING PT, is about impossible.

but also, for doyle's room, the "process" is incredibly easy using the action points shown on the cashier page, since every action point is equal to 1 cent of contributed rake.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:22 PM

Nah, I was just replying to the thread in general not necessarily to yours...people seemed to be confused as to how Poker Tracker calculates the rake...
Old 02-24-2006, 11:58 PM

Other issue...
Does anyone know how long you have to wait to cash out any of your deposit without forfeiting the bonus? now that you guys are all there, I'd rather play elsewhere for a bit. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]