Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Any Vegetarians here?

speaking of einstein..

http://www.godsdirectcontact.org/eng/news/160/vg5.htm
[ QUOTE ]
Another eminent vegetarian was Albert Einstein (1879-1955), widely regarded as the greatest scientist of the 20th century and a lifelong promoter of peace, who said, “Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.” On a similar note he stated, “Our task must be to [widen] our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.” And on the day he became a vegetarian, Einstein wrote in his diary, “So I am living without fats, without meat, without fish, but am feeling quite well this way. It always seems to me that man was not born to be a carnivore.”

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: please note that I don't in any way support the kooky site I pulled this from
Old 06-05-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
speaking of einstein..

http://www.godsdirectcontact.org/eng/news/160/vg5.htm
[ QUOTE ]
Another eminent vegetarian was Albert Einstein (1879-1955), widely regarded as the greatest scientist of the 20th century and a lifelong promoter of peace, who said, “Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.” On a similar note he stated, “Our task must be to [widen] our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.” And on the day he became a vegetarian, Einstein wrote in his diary, “So I am living without fats, without meat, without fish, but am feeling quite well this way. It always seems to me that man was not born to be a carnivore.”

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's stupider than a Youtube comment.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ohh yeah those frozen microwaveable green giant broccoli in cheese things are awesome actually, except that they give you the nastiest farts imaginable. They taste wicked good though.

You should probably just sack up and eat meat though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we're talking health reasons, I'd rather eat meat than cheese.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, I can't seem to justify eating humans, so why should I discriminate against less intelligent animals and eat them?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so stupid, come on dude. There's no peace and harmony and all that [censored], animals eat one another too. You're either laying your will into the world or its laying its will into you.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vegetarians are goddamned pussies. I hope you all get eaten by cows.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, that was stupid, but funny.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:35 PM

Also, we need to unban Elaine so she can post in this thread.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:36 PM

Nobody "owns" a vegetable.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:38 PM

I've been a vegetarian for about 18 months now. It was a choice I made on a whim for a new year's resolution, and surprisingly I've kept it.

As far as food goes, I don't do a lot of the microwaveable foods, as they aren't really healthy. But I will give you a basic layout of what I eat.

Breakfast: If I eat anything, which sometimes I don't, I generally eat some kind of fruit to boost my metabolsim, oranges and bananas are the usual. Sometimes I grab a Special K Breakfast Bar.

Lunch: Since I was in school, it was hard to prepare any kind of meal, so I generally ate a peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread, and occasionally raw vegetables.

Dinner: Generally a rice dish, sometimes pasta. Always served with some kind of steamed vegetable, and beans 5 times a week.

I mix in a lot of vegetables, and do a different variety of things, including casseroles and lasagnas. I take vitamins to get nutrients I'm missing. I don't eat soy, or any kind of meat substitute. I've also found that seaweed is good.

As far as eating out goes, it can be difficult at times, but most restaurants have made accomodations to meet vegetarian demands. My most frequent stops are Tropical Smoothie, Any Mexican Restaurant, And Most Chinese Restaurants. And a lot of dishes that say they have meat in it, can be made without the meat if you request it. Also, as stated Quizno's is a very good choice, Taco Bell is also a good stop if you are short on money.

Good Luck
Old 06-05-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, I can't seem to justify eating humans, so why should I discriminate against less intelligent animals and eat them?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so stupid, come on dude. There's no peace and harmony and all that [censored], animals eat one another too. You're either laying your will into the world or its laying its will into you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Humans murder each other as well. You can choose not to be a part of it though.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:40 PM

I'd like to add here that if you are going vegetarian, there are a lot of arguments that unfermented soy products (like tofu or basically any subsitute meat product, except seitan and tempeh) can be very unhealthy. So I'd look into that before making any decisions.