Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Bellagio Hand 1 3/6

green, i think you missed the boat on this one, the river is a complete value bet, we dont expect either villain will ever fold a winner - with the turn play we are ahead of tighty almost always and with crazy woman's range we are most likely far ahead and willing to call a raise due to her reputation and the fact that this card makes no sense... most likely situation in my mind: hero bets, tighty calls QQ, button folds 99 or hero bets, tighty folds QQ and button calls 99 or some derivative of this - someone help me with my guesses pls
Old 06-07-2007, 02:37 PM

Hi Andy,

I would say the best time is somewhere in the 6:00pm to 9:00 pm for the game to start. Sometimes, if you come in around noon, the game will still be going from the night before and that's obviously a good thing since some in the game will be tired. This is also much more likely to be shorthanded than at night, but you don't see it as often.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:17 PM

Anyone else put crazy lady on a draw here (hearts/straight)? Check calling the turn induces uber tight guy to call the river with 99-QQ when crazy lady folds?
Old 06-10-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hoping to see some more discussion on this hand because nobody has really put their finger on the reasoning for my play in this hand. I'd really like that discussion to get going because I think this is an excellent hand to discuss.

Keep in mind the reads provided.

[/ QUOTE ]

were you hoping to make your hand look like a flush draw when you c/c'd turn? then you wanted your riv bet to look like a possible bluff, so you could get paid off by tight guys worse pair?
Old 06-10-2007, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How does everyone feel about my turn check if the plan was for the tight guy to bet his 99-QQ which I thought he would and then for the button to call and me to c/r them both?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends, of course, how tight he is, but i dont see him betting those hands here. he might put you on a flush draw, sure, but he ubertight is scared of a monster and dreads your planned c'r.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:06 AM

who's going to put a decent player like ian on a river bluff there into two people after playing passively up until then? it's just silly. my first thought if i were tight guy on the river would be "uhoh looks like he turned a K".
Old 06-10-2007, 08:25 AM

Hey mike,

I think Ian played this one really excellent.

Think about how well his turn call misrepresents his hand here. It also induces a call from most two-out hands the 3-bettor could have. And who cares about the button? She's either got a better hand, a worse hand, and/or a draw. All of which may be induced to either call or bluff/raise the river.

I think c/r'ng the turn is kind of a knee-jerk reaction that many players would take (and it wouldn't be terrible), but Ian's line is preferrable.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey mike,

I think Ian played this one really excellent.

Think about how well his turn call misrepresents his hand here. It also induces a call from most two-out hands the 3-bettor could have. And who cares about the button? She's either got a better hand, a worse hand, and/or a draw. All of which may be induced to either call or bluff/raise the river.

I think c/r'ng the turn is kind of a knee-jerk reaction that many players would take (and it wouldn't be terrible), but Ian's line is preferrable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Ian has taken a very good line here. However, I don't think one is preferable to the other. An excellent player should be making both plays an equal amount of the time.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

how about a c/r on the turn to fold out tight 3bettor in case he has AA or AQhh?

[/ QUOTE ]

something tells me that is a bad plan

[/ QUOTE ]

prob the worst thing you could do besides open folding
Old 06-12-2007, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who's going to put a decent player like ian on a river bluff there into two people after playing passively up until then? it's just silly. my first thought if i were tight guy on the river would be "uhoh looks like he turned a K".

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree.. looks pretty easy to spot.. but i could also see you possibly playing AA this way pretty tricky depending on the villains in the hand. either way i doubt anybody just calls this river

p.s. anybody like a river c/c?