Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: WSOP 1.5k NL- Interestingish PF spot twice, Post flop once

All comments are appreciated,

Ansky, 0evg0, Nath etc, true about taking advantage of the passivity.

FYI I think all the options in the hand are close and a lot of very good players have different opinions on the hand. I can accomplish a lot of different things by limping, raising, shoving and folding. I also think flop is interesting because of the reasons I gave above.

That being said I think raise to 250 is best and re-evaluate if shoved on.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. And usually fold afterward.

Next best is like raising to 500 or something and just getting it in preflop or just shoving any flop.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All comments are appreciated,

Ansky, 0evg0, Nath etc, true about taking advantage of the passivity.

FYI I think all the options in the hand are close and a lot of very good players have different opinions on the hand. I can accomplish a lot of different things by limping, raising, shoving and folding. I also think flop is interesting because of the reasons I gave above.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop action is not remotely close. Cmon there is absolutely no argument that can be made for checking calling instead of pushing. Your argument that you are hoping to somehow sucker a 3rd person into the pot is so far behind the importance of having some possibility to win the pot outright. It's ridiculously minor and is very unlikely to happen anyway.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop action is not remotely close. Cmon there is absolutely no argument that can be made for checking calling instead of pushing. Your argument that you are hoping to somehow sucker a 3rd person into the pot is so far behind the importance of having some possibility to win the pot outright. It's ridiculously minor and is very unlikely to happen anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Curtains,
I disagree it certainly is not minor. If you can induce a call from the blinds you will increase the pot size a lot without decreasing your equity.

edit: I'm not saying c/c is the best play but inducing an overcall from the BB is something that certainly should be considered.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:10 PM

I think you played the hand perfect.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Curtains,
I disagree it certainly is not minor. If you can induce a call from the blinds you will increase the pot size a lot without decreasing your equity.

edit: I'm not saying c/c is the best play but inducing an overcall from the BB is something that certainly should be considered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, honestly I think it's just terrible and beyond reproach to check here, but I see there is a difference of opinion. The possibility of winning the pot is MUCH more important than the possibility of an extra player coming along (and on top of it I think it's more likely). Also note that in many cases where checking encourages the third player to come along, that betting will have the same result.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Curtains,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah of course it should be considered, everything should be considered. It's just putting the horse before the wagon, or whatever the saying is.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:25 AM

Dude... You ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO SHOVE THIS FLOP

I would've never limped PF to begin with, either.

Honestly I hate your line in the entire hand, and as (almost) always I agree with 0evg0 and Ansky on almost all points, and curtains
Old 06-04-2007, 11:06 AM

If i get to the flop like this, it has to be an openpush.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:50 PM

At most tables, raise/fold preflop is so much better than everything else. Obv at some tables raise/call is good, and maybe even open fold is good sometimes (but no way cause it's suited and it's got an ace and the other card's pretty big too).

Open limping is bad except at the very specific kind of table where people play back a lot but will fold to limp/shoves--i.e., the kind of table that doesn't really exist.