Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Re: 2/4, pow! donkbet!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I doubt he is folding overs getting 7.5:1.

One problem with donking here is that you give CO the perfect opportunity to protect his own hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

But isn't it correct to fold overs here getting only 7.5 to 1? If not then this has been a major leak in my game. For instance I raise with AK from co. BB calls, flop comes rags he donks I fold. Or same scenario but he c/r's me. Unless I have a read that he bluffs frequently then I fold. Does this mean I'm folding way to much on the flop? Could you please explain why you should continue without corrent odds or implied odds to call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting donked into and getting c/r are very different. Low limit donks are generally BS depending on reads. If you show that you can lay down without a fight after a flop donk, that will just encourage your opponents to do it more.

Alot of players c/r their draws as well, sometimes correctly.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: 2/4, pow! donkbet!

few thoughts, i guess:

1. how often will CO fold the flop? any hand with two overs will call and any combinations of cards higher than 9 have at least a draw so i wouldn't expect to win the pot or get HU with unknown too often. this board is a little too drawy to donk, for me. i might prefer a T52-type board for the purpose of getting honest action out of CO and calldowns with AQ-high. here, there are a lot more draws that CO (or maybe BT) can get frisky with for two bets but probably not three (if we check/raised, i doubt we'll get three-bet by a straight-draw) which will apparently make us fold top pair in a decent-sized pot sometimes.

2. why is it gross to check/raise a TAG in the steal position and a cold-caller with top pair? you say you're worried you might hafta call down if three-bet but does that mean you're okay folding (on the turn i suppose, UI) if you bet/call this flop?

3. does donking protect our hand best if both villains just call? check/raising will give most hands the odds to call a bet on the turn, too, so i think we need to compare our chances of winning on the flop to our chances of winning on the river if all the cards are dealt out.

i don't really play poker at 8-handed tables or even 6-max so this might be silly but this seems like a good place to check/raise.

bbbushu (new avatar stuff!)