Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Sklansky mentors BradiHawbaker

[ QUOTE ]
Okay whether that 1000 -> 200,000 is true or not...well, if so, more power to her. But, call me crazy:

(a) she seemed like a nice enough girl.
(b) she's more attractive than a lot of the photos suggest IMO.

I know when you get your 15 minutes, you try to portray the best image you can, but she seemed nice and was probably too naive (as a young girl in the world of gamb00ling and teh poker) and got mixed up in the wrong thing at the wrong time.

We all know she has a wild side as per the published photos of "whatnot" along with the tales of woe but, eh, I'll just say that YouTube vid did her a lot more PR good than bad IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure and I will be 1st Australian President of the USA, ask Newhouse what he knows and thinks.......
Old 05-30-2007, 09:40 AM

Yeah, interesting observation. Her mood does change when she talks about DS.

I watched the interview a few times and would like to offer a few observations. At 1:56 and 2:22, she talks about meeting "guys" and her face curls up into a sneeky smile both times. A sign of what? --that she lives for the attention?

Also, the pitch of her voice rises notably in three occasions in the interview. Once when she talks about turning the $1K into $20K, once when she says that everything she wrote about was the truth and a third time when she says it is "difficult to have a female dynamic at the poker table." The first instance is very noticeable and seems to be almost in a questioning tone of voice.

Would like to know if others agree with my observations and what light they may shed.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:03 AM

Atleast we know now who was lying in these conflicts. always two sides but brandi has told the truth 100%. n1
Old 05-30-2007, 11:31 AM

Lanzalot, your post is extremely creepy and portrays you as a stalker. am i alone here?
Old 05-30-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Sklansky mentors BrandiHawbaker

stop exploiting Brandi, [censored]!
Old 05-30-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lanzalot, your post is extremely creepy and portrays you as a stalker. am i alone here?

[/ QUOTE ]
lmao no ur not alone, totally agree with u
Old 05-30-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think it was done in a creepy tone, but rather an investigative type of tone. which is useful.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree that it's creepy, of course. I just read alot of books on face reading, body language, etc. (can you imagine why I might do that? aka: "Do you see why?") and am making observations that you may or may not agree with. Seems to me that when she talks about increasing her BR by 2000% that she ends that sentence in a tone of voice that says paranthetically "And you believe me, don't you?"

An observation necessary to having a high degree of skepticism over her claim? Probably not, but I'm making it all the same and I think if you listen to people closely, tone and pitch of voice can TELL you things. Take my observations for what they are, but please don't accuse me of stalking anything or anybody. I'd have a hard time stalking somebody who lives in LV from South Jersey anyway.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in the video she says of the 200k she won "locked some of it up in a CD for the world series", what exactly does that mean? it starts like in less than a month, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Locked in a CD yes...in a Jimmy Buffet CD singin' la la la in Margaritaville.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although that interview is more recent and absurd, she talks more about the actual Sklansky thing in this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF!

funny as hell! so that's known as getting rickrolled huh?