Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Heads-up STT: How to Kill Em Off

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lol u need to join the study group. min-raises are important too, but you tend to do that more at 11-15bbs

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that I do or I don't....I was simply asking Slim what he does. Also, I was generally referring to 10 bb's or less.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with minraises at this level is that they commit u with a lot of hands that you would be better off pushing.

edit: plus, against guy like this you should maximize fold equity. At <=10bbs a minraise either commits you or sets u up to make an incorrect fold. if this guy is folding everything but top 10-15% you can push top 80% profitably
Old 05-31-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lol u need to join the study group. min-raises are important too, but you tend to do that more at 11-15bbs

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that I do or I don't....I was simply asking Slim what he does. Also, I was generally referring to 10 bb's or less.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with minraises at this level is that they commit u with a lot of hands that you would be better off pushing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indy, you're killing me man!!.....I appreciate your advice to me not to min-raise with less than 10 bb's, but I really wasn't trying to ask the forum if I should min-raises with less than 10 bb's. I really was just using that as an example to ask Slim what he specifically meant by "deviate"....i.e. if he meant limp, min-raise, or simply push looser against a tighter than NE calling opponent.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:52 PM

oh sure dats cool i just think its a good discussion. i'd be interested in seeing you and Slim respond to what i said above.

edit: sorry if im being annoying i assumed everyone was invited to comment as you would naturally just PM slim if you only wanted to get feedback from him. my bad.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:05 PM

i would like to point out that OP said he usually played 20+2's at FT. those would be regular SNGS, NOT turbos. which means your almost never under 10bbs when it gets heads up, so folding A2 and A5 might be correct.
you obviously have to be much tighter/patient when playing headsup with deeper stacks OP. almost everyone in this forum plays turbos exclusively so make sure to emphasize that you play mainly regular STTs when posting questions [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh sure dats cool i just think its a good discussion. i'd be interested in seeing you and Slim respond to what i said above.

edit: sorry if im being annoying i assumed everyone was invited to comment as you would naturally just PM slim if you only wanted to get feedback from him. my bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indy, I think we're still misunderstanding each other. I didn't PM slim because this IS a discussion for everybody.....and of course I am interested in your input (just like I am interested in everybody's input). However...

1) Your first response to my question was to "lol" and tell me that I need to join your study group. This implies that my question was stupid and that I am a donkey. In reality though, I wasn't even asking the question that you "loled" at....I was really trying to ask Slim what he meant by deviate. Your laughing isn't appreciated, but what makes it so absurd is that you didn't even understand my question that you were laughing at.

2) Instead of gettting upset with you laughing at me, I simply told you that "I never said that I do or I don't....I was simply asking Slim what he does. Also, I was generally referring to 10 bb's or less." However, your response to me was telling me that "the problem with minraises at this level is that they commit u with a lot of hands that you would be better off pushing". This response tells me that you STILL don't understand what I was asking.

3) I don't know if everybody misunderstood what I was asking, but I think I must have been at least somewhat clear because when Abarber responded he said "This is actually a great question, however, I don't see it being answered with a short reply. I'll offer my insight, though. If you have been pushing, make sure you don't play your big hands any differently". Now, he managed to give his opinion (which I agree with by the way), and at the same time seemed to understand what I was asking. All the while keeping the discussion open for everybody to benefit (the way it should be).

It's unfortunate that you don't understand that I'm not asking you if you think I should min-raise with less than 10 bb's. And it's unfortunate that you think I want some sort of "closed discussion" or something wierd like that. And it's unfortunate that I've spent as much time explaining this as I have.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:32 PM

you asked Slim how to deviate from a push/fold approach(because that is all that SNGPT teaches). Then you told me you were specifically talking about 10bbs or less. What did I miss? I'm sincerely confused.

edit: you even used the words "min-raise" and "limp" as alternatives to pushing/folding. please help me understand where i went astray.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you asked Slim how to deviate from a push/fold approach(because that is all that SNGPT teaches). Then you told me you were specifically talking about 10bbs or less. What did I miss? I'm sincerely confused.

edit: you even used the words "min-raise" and "limp" as alternatives to pushing/folding. please help me understand where i went astray.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was asking Slim how he "personally" deviates from push/fold....(either by pushing looser, or limping, min-raising, etc).

Anyway, we'll work this out via PM. No need for everybody to keep reading our nonsense.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:54 PM

Sparta the "lol" i inserted was unnecessary sorry for that. I didnt realize that you were asking Slim Pickens for his personal preferences. I thought you were asking for the optimal way to deviate.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:55 PM

by the way im sure u didnt mean any harm, and this really isn't because of you, but I do think that it would be wise if I made this my absolute last post in STTF. Its not personal, but there are just too many preconceived notions about me and my posts. I appreciate everything I've learned here, and I do believe that I've given it back to the forum many times over. I wish you all nothing but success in the future.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
by the way im sure u didnt mean any harm, and this really isn't because of you, but I do think that it would be wise if I made this my absolute last post in STTF. Its not personal, but there are just too many preconceived notions about me and my posts. I appreciate everything I've learned here, and I do believe that I've given it back to the forum many times over. I wish you all nothing but success in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indy, I really don't think that is necessary and I for one really don't have any preconceived notions about you. I am aware that there have been some disagreements between you and other posters in the past, but I really don't know any of the details of them or what was said, etc.

The only thing I really know about you is that you came up with the "gift to the forum" last year which was a great thing that I know I certainly got a lot of value out of. I think it would be a shame if you left the forum.