Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Should I steal this money?

im broke

im a idiot i blew my 100 dollars in a 5 10 cent game last night and im broke and the week before that i had my bankroll up to 290 and lost that in the 1 2 game in 15 minutes so im angry now and my mom keeps telling me your a [censored] idiot ull never make it in poker so does everyone else but all of u will see and when im rich ill invite everyone on myspace friends to a hudge party
Old 05-29-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Never steal anything small. You are risking your career for chump change. Beg on the street until you get enough money for a [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]egenerate: tattoo. Then buy a copy of George Orwell's Down and Out in Paris and London. Then Doschevsky's the Gambler.

Some people are not cut out for poker and you are one of them. You are a great poster and you can still post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - I can see I come across as a natural born loser when it comes to gambling in a classic Freudian sense, with losing fulfilling some kind of subconscious urge I have to hurt and cause trouble for myself, to feel humiliated and brought low. It really feels as if I try to make myself like a tramp, a bum. Yes, I've read both of those books, but I ought to read them again!

[/ QUOTE ]

Im in awe at you trying to romanticize yourself, when you are so pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I did the same three, four years ago when I had a raging alcohol problem. I would read great novels about desperate alcoholics and imagine I shared in their dirty, desolate glamour (which insofar as it existed was there only as characters in a work of art).
Old 05-29-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Quit poker
2. ????
3. Profit without theft

[/ QUOTE ]

How bad a theft is it though, if it's from someone who left the firm and abandoned her small change?

[/ QUOTE ]

Theft is theft, karma is karma.

Call her up, tell her she left it there.
Maybe she'll tell you to just keep it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Never steal anything small. You are risking your career for chump change. Beg on the street until you get enough money for a [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]egenerate: tattoo. Then buy a copy of George Orwell's Down and Out in Paris and London. Then Doschevsky's the Gambler.

Some people are not cut out for poker and you are one of them. You are a great poster and you can still post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - I can see I come across as a natural born loser when it comes to gambling in a classic Freudian sense, with losing fulfilling some kind of subconscious urge I have to hurt and cause trouble for myself, to feel humiliated and brought low. It really feels as if I try to make myself like a tramp, a bum. Yes, I've read both of those books, but I ought to read them again!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I did the same three, four years ago when I had a raging alcohol problem. I would read great novels about desperate alcoholics and imagine I shared in their dirty, desolate glamour (which insofar as it existed was there only as characters in a work of art).

[/ QUOTE ]

I learned a long time ago how self destructive this kind of thinking is. So, cut it out.

Based upon your OP, you probably should modify your forum name at some point.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:18 PM

Here's what I should do:

1. Stop playing poker forever (I can tell myself it's for
six months).

2. Write a novel about a degenerate gambler, squalid and phonily romantic. Put all my energies into this, and try to get it published (I do have a few connections - until not long ago I was an Eng Lit PhD student at one of the top schools in the country).

3. Profit!
Old 05-29-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I learned a long time ago how self destructive this kind of thinking is. So, cut it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr Frey, is that you?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am completely broke, having as usual lost this week's wages playing online poker.

[/ QUOTE ]username?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:30 PM

Just because of

"Theft is theft, karma is karma."

I vote take it, just to prove people who believe in crap like karma wrong.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:34 PM

Yeah I'm taking it. I went to the bank and got it changed up. When I get paid, I'll tell a girl who knows her "Your friend left £6.50 in change in her drawer, I got it changed up for her as I was going to the bank anyway" and pay it back that way.