Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Re: $30K Missing from Absolute Poker Account!! Help Please.

I don't know, but something in this thread sounds fishy as [censored].
Old 05-29-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh for christs sake enough of this crap.

Your girlfriends account.. Sure buddy. You know the commandment that says "thou shalt not lie". Well you are breaking one of them.. No one cares if you play an account you created under your girlfriends name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, but something in this thread sounds fishy as [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah well I'm assuming these situations always sound fishy. Basically the situation is very similar to what Slim is describing happened to him.

Yes it was an unnecessarily large amount of money for a $600 NL player to deposit and keep on a poker site. Like many Canadian players, we were both panicked by the Neteller fiasco when they shut down operations with little warning. I told her to get all of her money off Neteller ASAP into trusted poker sites so it doesn't get seized like it was for American players. Absolute was obviously a huge mistake. They do allow very large deposits though, and apparently it is so that they can seize them with no notification.

Anyways, for your guys sake hopefully Absolute keeps the money so you can all have a good laugh about how "fishy" the situation sounds. Whatever, I thought this was a decent place to ask people for advice how to handle these dreaded situations.

The sad thing is that the poker sites can seize this money and there is no possible legal recourse.

Absolute is still being very difficult about this situation and are claiming not to have received the ID verification emails that she sent. I would strongly recommend that people not play there based on this situation alone. If they seize your money then I'm sure it will be because you're a scammer and your story sounds "fishy" though.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Your girlfriends account.. Sure buddy. You know the commandment that says "thou shalt not lie". Well you are breaking one of them.. No one cares if you play an account you created under your girlfriends name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, this was obviously the wrong forum to come to for help. You can choose to disbelieve me if you want, but I'm telling you that we're both just cash game grinders, in my case in my spare time and for her as a full time job. So if this happened to her then it could happen to anyone in my opinion.

Anyways, for the investigative geniuses, why would I create an Absolute account in her name when I don't have one there of my own? There are sites where we both have accounts but I've just never felt the need to get an account at Absolute.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, this was obviously the wrong forum to come to for help. You can choose to disbelieve me if you want, but I'm telling you that we're both just cash game grinders, in my case in my spare time and for her as a full time job. So if this happened to her then it could happen to anyone in my opinion.

Anyways, for the investigative geniuses, why would I create an Absolute account in her name when I don't have one there of my own? There are sites where we both have accounts but I've just never felt the need to get an account at Absolute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, maybe I jumped the gun. I just feel this way because so many times, gamblers are liars, cheats and have personal problems and are trying to get "help" when not speaking the truth to begin with.

If you are honest, there is not much we can do. Contact Absolute support, call them, e-mail them. Be persistent as hell.

However, Absolute support is horrible. I would be real scared in your position.

Best of luck!
Old 05-29-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Absolute is still being very difficult about this situation and are claiming not to have received the ID verification emails that she sent. I would strongly recommend that people not play there based on this situation alone. If they seize your money then I'm sure it will be because you're a scammer and your story sounds "fishy" though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing at Absolute for four years without issue.

Of course, I've also never attempted to use Absolute as a bank.

I've also never tried to move a huge sum of money that looked suspiciously like money-laundering.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing at Absolute for four years without issue.

Of course, I've also never attempted to use Absolute as a bank.

I've also never tried to move a huge sum of money that looked suspiciously like money-laundering.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well here are the primary facts:

1) She deposited money to their site but didn't break any of their terms and conditions. Unless it was something very obscure, I doubt they have rules against deposits if they allow newish players to deposit $10K at a time. Some of the more sensible poker sites only allow small deposits at first to prevent problem gambling instead of thinking as a cash grab.

2) They seized $30K from her account without sending an email or leaving a phone message. There was no message upon logging into her account, only an obscure note in the transaction history about an adjustment. Her account was still left open with $1K left in it for some bizarre reason, instead of just locking her account if they thought it was suspicious.

3. If she hadn't noticed this missing money it would have gone undetected forever. There was no notification whatsoever and she was still able to play in the games. Realistically this couldn't have happened, but if the amounts were reversed with $1K taken from her account then she might not have noticed and would have been defrauded out of this money.

So do you honestly believe that they handled this in a reasonable fashion? Whatever, I'm not trying to convince you not to play there, I honestly couldn't care any less. But I would not recommend that site to a friend based on their actions in this case.

For what it's worth, Absolute finally acknowledged her ID and have said they will be reinstating the funds. She does not want to play at that site anymore, so hopefully they will add it back to her account and assist her in getting her money off.

This is just another warning not to keep a lot of money on any poker site.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is your girlfriend better than you at poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

My girlfriend Kathy Liebert is better than me at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad Beat.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
really, your GF won $31k? good for her (I mean u when u play on her account)

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an idiot, accusing someone of something u have no clue about, get a [censored] life!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know what this [Adjustment] could mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its how their manual transaction entries show up in the cashier history. All of em say "adjustment"