Kalifornia?

[/ QUOTE ]

Racist.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:23 PM

Default Re: The Locking of Things to do in Houston in OOT

[ QUOTE ]
lol, read the sticky and stop being a whiny bitch

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't understand why such attitudes of mods are tolerated (considered acceptable??) towards posters who are attempting to ask an honest question or express an honest opinion.

I also wouldn't have thought the thread was that big a deal and don't think it's too much for the mod to try to explain his action a bit more clearly so that more posters can be on the same page.

"stop being such a whiny bitch" doesn't really help anyone's understanding of the reasoning at all and really doesn't seem to be the most appropriate of responses.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there is a differnce in google and first hand experience. is that hard to understand?

edit: lol at the name calling. are you on the 6th grade play ground?

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I said "Google lol-cats" you'd think I was calling you a lol-cat?

Old 05-28-2007, 09:00 PM

bob, i have explained things like why one-sentence, no-effort OPs are unacceptable a number of times. and i have also linked to a thread that gives a number of suggestions on how to make such threads better in the OOT sticky. but people still make posts like this every week when i lock a one-sentence thread. so i don't really take the time to explain it in-depth anymore, because people who are complaining about it are obviously not taking the time to read what i've already written.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:07 PM

Fair enough.
Just felt like your initial reply and a couple of the ones that followed seemed harsher than I would have thought necessary.

OP's tone wasn't fantastic either of course.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:12 PM

honestly i think NT is one of the worst mods in history. I mean at least [censored] was funny and made the forum a better place but NT! is like a [censored] on drugs or stupid or something. Locking threads for no reason giving out *'s like candy I'm tired of it and I thiNK there should be a change.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
honestly i think NT is one of the worst mods in history. I mean at least [censored] was funny and made the forum a better place but NT! is like a [censored] on drugs or stupid or something. Locking threads for no reason giving out *'s like candy I'm tired of it and I thiNK there should be a change.

[/ QUOTE ]

funny how you know who [censored] is and yet you just registered, that's interesting
Old 05-28-2007, 09:17 PM

yea maybe i got banned at some point. so what... i still think you suck as a mod
Old 05-28-2007, 09:22 PM

Jorge,

[ QUOTE ]
Locking threads for no reason giving out *'s like candy

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT went down the crapper this weekend with flagrant stupidity run amok. NoThumb is on point with the mini-rampage.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bob, i have explained things like why one-sentence, no-effort OPs are unacceptable a number of times. and i have also linked to a thread that gives a number of suggestions on how to make such threads better in the OOT sticky. but people still make posts like this every week when i lock a one-sentence thread. so i don't really take the time to explain it in-depth anymore, because people who are complaining about it are obviously not taking the time to read what i've already written.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't plan on taking trips anytime soon, but I was just wondering if there was a right way to make this post?

If he had said that he was going to Houston and was thinking of going to Restaurants X and Y, visiting Museum Z, and was hoping to maybe see a baseball game and he included links to the restaurants in question, pictures, etc. would that be alright so long as it was obvious that he had already googled and had an itinerary or would that still be too googletardish?

Like if it was an expanded version of:

I plan on going to Boston and was looking at some restaurant reviews and thought maybe I'd check out Ruth's Chris Steakhouse since it has a good reputation.

I also want to go to a red sox game, would i be able to get tickets easily from a scalper? what sections are best to sit in?

I think I might want to check out the Museum of Fine Arts because there is a Hopper Exhibition going on, but are there any other museums I should check out?

(here is a hopper for those not in the know)

I will probably hit up some bars and I read there are a bunch down by Fanueil Hall where my hotel is, any in particular I should avoid?

Would an expanded version of that be OK or is the rule basically not to ask these types of trip planning questions?