Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 09:47 AM

Default Re: berry tenanbaum (spelling?) is coming out with a book?

[ QUOTE ]
As far as everything has been written about limit holdem, etc. that mason spoke of, well maybe yes in some respect and a big no way in others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he spoke and then fell silent .... such is life, but I'm assuming FR limit hold'em is solved in his opinion.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:56 PM

Just a couple of things to add, since I was mentioned in this thread (thanks, TT, for the compliment).
I don't feel that I need to defend Barry in this forum. I'm sure he's aware of this thread by now and would reply if he chose to do so. Apparently he chose not to respond.
I know that Barry worked very hard for a long time getting this book written. Based on my experience being coached by him, I expect it will be very good. I placed a pre-order for my own copy through amazon and I look forward to reading it. Until then, I really have no idea what it will be like, but my expectations are high. I'm also looking forward to reading the Fromm/Zee limit holdem book when it comes out. I've met Dave Fromm once and had lunch with him, and I think he's an extremely bright guy. So I also have high expectations of his collaboration with Ray Zee.
I guess we'll all have to just wait and see.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The hand was KQo, not pocket kings. Here's a link to the article.
Barry's article

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, my memory's not what it used to be.

But you have to admit that this article is terrible. I have a hard time believing that he actually contemplates folding PF as a good play here, dispite odds, etc. I think that the BB played this hand well. BT called two cold on the flop (terrible play, this is clearly raise or fold) and then folded for one on the turn is highly inconsistent.

Sorry, that I misenterpreted his playing abilities. I only wanted to state my opinion, but Barry does play higher than I do, and perhaps his thinking/play is beyond my head.

This is of coarse a glaring example. I guess I could read all of his articles and find a better position. I will also take the word that Barry is truly a compassionate teacher and except it.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The hand was KQo, not pocket kings. Here's a link to the article.
Barry's article

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, my memory's not what it used to be.

But you have to admit that this article is terrible. I have a hard time believing that he actually contemplates folding PF as a good play here, dispite odds, etc. I think that the BB played this hand well. BT called two cold on the flop (terrible play, this is clearly raise or fold) and then folded for one on the turn is highly inconsistent.

Sorry, that I misenterpreted his playing abilities. I only wanted to state my opinion, but Barry does play higher than I do, and perhaps his thinking/play is beyond my head.

This is of coarse a glaring example. I guess I could read all of his articles and find a better position. I will also take the word that Barry is truly a compassionate teacher and except it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you reread the article, Barry raised after "Charlie" limped pre-flop. Barry only said that he would have folded KQo if Charlie had open-raised. I would have done the same.