Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Player at table guessed both hands correctly. Can you?

you have either AA or QQ here like 95%+ of the time, he prob has KK
Old 05-28-2007, 04:48 AM

agree with deeb. you both have aa.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:23 AM

villain got KK, you QQ.

if villain got AA i don't really understand his river check-call. KK might check behind and if he's getting stacked by QQ anyways, he might as well lead push river. seems very likely villain got KK and is just not good enough or to stubborn to get away from it.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:17 PM

so results when?
Old 05-28-2007, 02:27 PM

KK vs KK
Old 05-28-2007, 02:34 PM

you have KK and he has AQ. I don't see how anyone can put villain on QQ here - he's not checking the river with QQ and I reckon he would push preflop with QQ anyway (I mean, why just call your 3bet?)
Old 05-28-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is live!! but what's the buy in? with what we know, I'd say KK for you and AQ for him

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeh, someone else guessed this also. KK for me and AQ for him.

This was button versus BB, so I wouldn't assume both had big pairs. It maybe would have been better if I posted the hand step by step from villain's point of view.

I am not sure if the preflop reraise or call of the 4-bet were good. Once he call and gets a good flop, it is hard to fold to the cbet. I kept betting small, but got all the money in. Probably not good play by villain, but I think some people on this board would go broke here too.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is live!! but what's the buy in? with what we know, I'd say KK for you and AQ for him

[/ QUOTE ]

This was button versus BB, so I wouldn't assume both had big pairs. It maybe would have been better if I posted the hand step by step from villain's point of view.

I am not sure if the preflop reraise or call of the 4-bet were good. Once he call and gets a good flop, it is hard to fold to the cbet. I kept betting small, but got all the money in. Probably not good play by villain, but I think some people on this board would go broke here too.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an awful PF call of the 4bet if you don't go broke on this board it's basically the best board for you.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SHIP IT!! What do I win?
Old 05-30-2007, 02:49 AM

Pre-flop, you put in a good sized raise; he put in a good sized reraise.

You raised him back again with a good sized bet and he called. What hands make sense for each?

Pre-flop, AA vs KK does makes sense, though KK vs AA makes more sense post flop.

Pre-flop, a case can be made for AA vs QQ, and KK vs QQ maybe more.

I say maybe more for KK vs QQ as it makes sense here to slow down with your aces when he raises back and just call.

He is saying he has a high pair or AK and you have both hands beat; he is first to act and has taken the lead. If he was simply defending his blind he will fold to your second raise with anything but playable hands. If you call it gives him a chance to make a continuation bet on the flop that you lose by continuing to push your aces.

I do think you should play your aces fast about 70% of the time, but if you get pushed back it makes sense to let him take the lead. But if you had KK you might not want to see a flop with a re-raiser who could be holding A-high from the big blind. There it makes sense to push back again and see if he really meant it. When he calls you give him credit for a hand.

You put a modest bet into a checked flop with a Q showing and he calls. If HE held AA, his betting makes some sense. He check calls throughout the rest of the hand and might put you on KK. He might be thinking you would not push QQ that hard pre-flop and puts you on KK or maybe AQ if you have shown some loose hands. He's sure he has you beat and is confident you will bet if an ace does not hit the board, and he holds two of them.

But he has to have a bit of concern you played QQ and is beat. He should push you back with a raise or lead out on the turn to clarify. But he calls then checks the turn. In your seat, I would be concerned. He clearly is not concerned you are holding QQ, so he is probably slow playing his QQ.

You lead again with a modest bet and get called. Alarm bells ringing. If he is holding KK he might put you on AA or QQ and know he is beat and not call. If he held AA he would need to bet to fish out your QQ. He is check calling, so he is playing QQ. His call of your pre-flop re-raise was a bit loose out of position (2-1 pot odds), but not unreasonable.

You could be holding AA or KK; it is more likely you are playing AA given that your opponent has called you twice and you bet out on the river. If you held KK you would have some reasonable concern that he is holding AA and check it down. But you bet out, so I have you with AA. But it really could be KK vs QQ given your pre-flop betting. It is a coin flip and I will give the late action more value than the early action.

AA vs QQ

What did you think he held before he showed his cards and why?