Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Stupid QQ hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Most importantly, what does chow/meow mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's from a classic Joe Tall post. Legendary slang now.

[/ QUOTE ]

link plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be tough because the post was in Hold'em/General and that forum is not around anymore. It was sometime last fall, I think, and it was titled, "Play some F'n poker people!!" or something like that/in that nature. PJ may have specail mod-power here.

As for your hand Joker, I think it's still fine to bet the turn here but now that you are on the river, I'd just check it through, there may be $40 worth of information by forcing him to reveal what his shrug actually means.

[/ QUOTE ]

Np.... how about cliff's notes on what chow/meow means?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am expert 2p2 search-function user, found it on my first try!
The thread is here, in Beginners now, how appropriate. I give a full explanation of meow/chow in a response in the thread.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The thread is here, in Beginners now, how appropriate. I give a full explanation of meow/chow in a response in the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is kind of great. However, now that I understand it.... joker's use at the start of this thread makes no sense at all. Also, I object to the slash.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is kind of great. However, now that I understand it.... joker's use at the start of this thread makes no sense at all. Also, I object to the slash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, I crack up every time I look at that thread.

GM: how is that difficult to understand? The MeowChow stands in for PT stats in Joe's post, but the reason in stands in is that it's basically a substitute for "yadda yadda." So instead of having to describe the Commerce 20 game, which is pretty obvious by now, I just yadda-yadda through it. But instead of typing "yadda yadda," I typed chow/meow.

The slash is standard PT stat punctuation, of course.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Most importantly, what does chow/meow mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's from a classic Joe Tall post. Legendary slang now.

[/ QUOTE ]

link plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be tough because the post was in Hold'em/General and that forum is not around anymore. It was sometime last fall, I think, and it was titled, "Play some F'n poker people!!" or something like that/in that nature. PJ may have specail mod-power here.

As for your hand Joker, I think it's still fine to bet the turn here but now that you are on the river, I'd just check it through, there may be $40 worth of information by forcing him to reveal what his shrug actually means.

[/ QUOTE ]

Np.... how about cliff's notes on what chow/meow means?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am expert 2p2 search-function user, found it on my first try!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... i thought i was the only one that felt this way... never really played online or used PokerTracker software. I have a hard time understanding all that VPIP AF [censored]. Meow/Chow indeed.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

GM: how is that difficult to understand? The MeowChow stands in for PT stats in Joe's post, but the reason in stands in is that it's basically a substitute for "yadda yadda." So instead of having to describe the Commerce 20 game, which is pretty obvious by now, I just yadda-yadda through it. But instead of typing "yadda yadda," I typed chow/meow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno... in Joe's post it has a dismissive connotation, as if you think whatever the person is saying is bs. The written equivalent of interrupting someone in mid-sentence and saying "blah blah blah" over them. Whereas you were using it in the sense of "etc."

Also, you were not using it as a substitute for PT stats by any stretch, so your defense of the slash is thin at best.

I would now like our last 2 posts to be officially entered into the stupidest argument competition asap [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno... in Joe's post it has a dismissive connotation, as if you think whatever the person is saying is bs. The written equivalent of interrupting someone in mid-sentence and saying "blah blah blah" over them. Whereas you were using it in the sense of "etc."

Also, you were not using it as a substitute for PT stats by any stretch, so your defense of the slash is thin at best.

I would now like our last 2 posts to be officially entered into the stupidest argument competition asap [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Joker's usage is fine and I can sum this whole conversation up fairly easily, "blah blah meow chow, private joker" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Joker's usage is fine and I can sum this whole conversation up fairly easily, "blah blah meow chow, private joker" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe, you are biased by self-promotion [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2007, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stupid threads call for stupid arguments. Joe wins anyway.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]