Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: The Lounge Food Challenge #1

[ QUOTE ]
Top with another buttered, dijoned slice of bread. Most important thing is not to slice it in half when it's done. Just eat the big fat sandwich as is. I got no pictures but it tasted great. Winner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, slow down there hippy. Isn't she just asking for nominations? I don't think the challenge has even begun yet for Christ' sake.

(Nominate an ingredient!)
Old 06-02-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that cheese is a good ingredient. We want to start with something easy with lots of options. It's wide enough that the fancy folk can make fancy food, but everybody can make something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pizza? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

btw... what's the advantage of using a contest structure? Why not just start a "Food: What did you eat today?" thread, and encourage pictures, recipes, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

No advantage really. I, personally, liked the challenge aspect of it. It forced me to try a few things that I might not use or use in a very basic way.

I am thinking really about taking the contest aspect out but like the idea of a common theme.

Just something to try and see how it evolves.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Top with another buttered, dijoned slice of bread. Most important thing is not to slice it in half when it's done. Just eat the big fat sandwich as is. I got no pictures but it tasted great. Winner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, slow down there hippy. Isn't she just asking for nominations? I don't think the challenge has even begun yet for Christ' sake.

(Nominate an ingredient!)

[/ QUOTE ]

hippy? hippy? where did that come from? I'll have you know I haven't lived on a commune since 1975. I think that was before you were even born. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw... what's the advantage of using a contest structure? Why not just start a "Food: What did you eat today?" thread, and encourage pictures, recipes, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this sentiment, favoring the ad hoc to the structured.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No advantage really. I, personally, liked the challenge aspect of it. It forced me to try a few things that I might not use or use in a very basic way.

I am thinking really about taking the contest aspect out but like the idea of a common theme.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with Mrs. Utah. The challenge aspect of it is what I find fun. I happen to like it when someone gives me a challenge. Any kind of challenge. Even if it were to simply post the best looking dinner dish of the week, or the most unique sandwich or something like that. I would get out my camera and try to impress you. But anyway, for the past day I've been thinking about what I could make with cheese that would photograph well, so I'm already getting into this cheese idea. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(Maybe one week we should make pizza the challenge and see what everyone comes up with just to make Sniper happy.)
Old 06-03-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that cheese is a good ingredient. We want to start with something easy with lots of options. It's wide enough that the fancy folk can make fancy food, but everybody can make something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pizza? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the contest format as it will encourage me to participate more than what-did-I-cook today.

Cheese is good!
Old 06-03-2007, 08:51 PM

I nominate the perennial favorite of remainder-bin cookbooks, The Can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup.

Seriously, I am so sick of seeing this in things masquerading as cookbooks. WTF. That, and entries like "Hamburger Soup."