Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: AKs bvb almost deep vs twin

Twin is like the miniboss you have to beat at 10/20 before you get to the 25/50 dungeon
Old 05-26-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're 3-betting so big and instacalling pre-flop to a shove, it doesn't seem to make any sense to check this harmless flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh.. sure it does. if i think he'll bet more flops with the worst hand, and not call it off without it, checking is teh play obv

i really want to know what people thinking of betting 1150 on the turn and calling a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I don't see why cbetting the flop is so OBVIOUSLY (as you put it) bad. You seem to think you most likely have the best hand as your focus seems to be to entice him to bluff a worse hand. But, did you really expect him to bet the flop? Your play smells so much like a huge hand (AA, KK, etc.), he's just going to doink off a free turn with almost anything (or obviously trap you with a huge hand himself). Both result in a check from villain, you have no more information, and in all likelihood, you've just given a free turn card in a huge pre-flop pot while you're weakly winning with A high.

If he bets the flop, I assume you were shoving?

edit: and you're being awfully "elitist" with folks trying to spur on your discussion btw...
Old 05-26-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Twin is like the miniboss you have to beat at 10/20 before you get to the 25/50 dungeon

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, wtf, i actually loled.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're 3-betting so big and instacalling pre-flop to a shove, it doesn't seem to make any sense to check this harmless flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh.. sure it does. if i think he'll bet more flops with the worst hand, and not call it off without it, checking is teh play obv

i really want to know what people thinking of betting 1150 on the turn and calling a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that would be really bad. I'm guessing you don't have a ton of hands with twin but in my experience hes very passive in spots like this.... bet/call is just donating him ur stack most of the time
Old 05-26-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that would be really bad. I'm guessing you don't have a ton of hands with twin but in my experience hes very passive in spots like this.... bet/call is just donating him ur stack most of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

ok. what about more obviously, what about the fact that he'll flat with any Qc+, and i check all rivers to him, assuming showdown value, and i then prob have to pick off a bluff if it bricks.. but i don't think he folds and high club to a turn bet, so i'd be for value.

after more hands against him sicne i made this post actually, ia gree he's pretty passive in some spots, def here. sooo, if i think he'd bet most pairs on the flop (that he'd call with preflop), then i should DEF bet the turn imo to get a call from AK-AJ with a club, right?

what about alternative lines? bet sizes?
Old 05-26-2007, 12:57 AM

I actually think you should just bet the flop, twin isn't going to stone bluff his whole stack. He will call if he has 55 or something then give you a free turn. His MO is to play ATC preflop for any amount and then give up unless he hits any pair or any draw with 4+ outs, in which case he goes to town

Not kidding, that's really how he plays and I have a ton of experience with him
Old 05-26-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok. what about more obviously, what about the fact that he'll flat with any Qc+, and i check all rivers to him, assuming showdown value, and i then prob have to pick off a bluff if it bricks.. but i don't think he folds and high club to a turn bet, so i'd be for value.

after more hands against him sicne i made this post actually, ia gree he's pretty passive in some spots, def here. sooo, if i think he'd bet most pairs on the flop (that he'd call with preflop), then i should DEF bet the turn imo to get a call from AK-AJ with a club, right?

what about alternative lines? bet sizes?

[/ QUOTE ]

twin is v passive, but top pair is impossible for him to let go. an alternative line i like better is calling his reraise preflop. A lot of times you will be dominating him, with any K or A flop getting checkraised. Your line is fine too, with prob leading out the flop more often than not.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:32 AM

4/5 on flop, and go if he pushes. Why else would you reraise oop?

I mean, you are c/c anyway...
Old 05-26-2007, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is great
Old 05-26-2007, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Very cute.