Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 08:30 AM

Default Re: AA against nit, min reraise on 4th street

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Either way betting this flop makes the hand soooo much easier to play as if he calls flop and raises turn you must fold (unless its an A :P )

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah. The hand shuould be played this way:
[ QUOTE ]

SB: $43.15
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $67.00</font>
UTG: $89.15
MP: $48.75
CO: $12.25
BTN: $50.40

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">MP raises to $3.00</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.50</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $5.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($17.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero BETS 15$, MP CALLZ

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($47.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $30.00</font>, <font color="red">MP calls 25$ and is allin </font>, Hero FOLDZ

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO A+ do you see what you did there
Old 05-25-2007, 11:45 AM

problem here is that pisco knows that you know he is tight (assuming you have alot of hands with him). and you're pretty tight too (from my play with you). and your 3-bet pre defined your hand. he played this just like a set. he plays his overpairs/top pair much faster.

anyways, with that said, 6 ways he can have a set (QQ/JJ) versus 9 ways he can have AQ/KK. so, i might call this river, but i'd hate it a lot because I don't think he plays top pair or KK slow on that flop.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:50 AM

Bet flop, shove turn, don't care how nitty his stats are. You're thinking about stats waaaaaaay too much here.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying he only calls a 3bet with JJ+, AK?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he plays very straighforward nitty ABC poker. I have played him alot and, haven`t seen him get out of line. I usualy try to avoid getting into big pots vs him. However, the times I have my reads usualy where always spot on. Against me he 3bets JJ+, AK preflop. I have been able to exploit this a bit. Hope he doesn`t reads this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're confusing me, his 3-bet range is exactly his call a 3-bet range?
Old 05-25-2007, 12:51 PM
 is offline

NU Star, yes I meant to say his 3bet calling range and not his 3bet range, against me is pretty much JJ+, AK. This is the read I have over a big sample on him. He doesn`t really likes calling with smaller pps or SCs IMO. Even if he calls with 99,TT I doubt he would be minraising the turn here. As said before, I haven`t seen this guy get out of line with bluffs, floats, etc. against me.