Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 12:15 AM

Default Re: 9/18 Commerece

[ QUOTE ]

Nope, that's why I asked if maybe it was similar to the Bike 8/16. Until this thread every post I have ever seen mentioned it made it sound like the best game in town though, so I planned to try it the next time I was in town.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that its a horrible game. But the conditions you describe...5 to 7 to every flop....do not exist so often anymore. It used to be that every table took 6-8 to the flop for 2-4 bets and then the same type of action the rest of the way. The regulars play a bit tighter now. There are still some wild games, but its less common now. So the increased drop has a pretty drastic impact. I think a $12-16 win rate for a good player is about on par.

In particular, OP had asked about daytime games and talked about going after the senior citizens. I think a passive daytime game where most pots are 3 way to the flop(limper plus blinds) is not going to be a very profitable game considering the house drop.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:53 AM

if a player plays too many hands over time he will lose.

playing more hands then ssh recommonds will cost you money and is incorrect advice.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if a player plays too many hands over time he will lose.

playing more hands then ssh recommonds will cost you money and is incorrect advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at games that are weak tight.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:26 PM

yes, over time at all limit hold em games.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:12 PM

IIRC, those sklansky books advise a VPIP of around 22-25%. Its not that tight.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:46 PM

when players start to play too many hands they get into trouble. good players sometimes think they can get away with extra hands, pushing a slight edge, in fact they get themselves into a situation that often becomes a leak.

if you think i am incorrect, read sklansky, and feeney.

i have seen it happen often. don't start to play too many hands.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:39 PM

I actually do not think its happening that much but ill say once every 3 sessions it makes a big difference. Also how do u calculate the obvious they want to chop so lets lift our hands up so i raise the button with any two and take the pot 4/5 of the time when they show me this, about once an hour.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:43 PM

Wow you dead wrong every pot has 4+ people with the senior citizen its rare to have less. Your dead wrong about 3 to the flop it happens 3x an hr. Senior citizens play worse then the lago maniac who wont stop betting at u and is hard to put a range on.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:44 PM

Oh and sailboats i turned 21 two weeks ago so i havent been playing very long it was a typo when i said 10/20. Also going to be at the 9/18 tonight for my first experience of 9/18 limit at weekend night time at around 9 pm wearing a green lacoste shirt with a brown/tan dc hat and jeans, I would not mind meating some 2p2 people and talking for a bit, but not to long gotta get them fish.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and sailboats i turned 21 two weeks ago so i havent been playing very long it was a typo when i said 10/20. Also going to be at the 9/18 tonight for my first experience of 9/18 limit at weekend night time at around 9 pm wearing a green lacoste shirt with a brown/tan dc hat and jeans, I would not mind meating some 2p2 people and talking for a bit, but not to long gotta get them fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well good luck. Its going to be the weekend so the games will definitely be good... plus add to the fact that its memorial day weekend. I on the other hand may not play friday, probably later in the weekend. I just had a bad session at the 20/40 and 40/80 eh.