Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Tunica Trip Report May 16-19

[ QUOTE ]

Thursday evening I sat down at the 10/20 game for the first time. I bought in for $300 and decided to lay low for a few orbits. The game was very tight with usually 3 or 4 to the flop with lots of chopping. I picked up a few hands and won a few pots. The thing that surprised me most, though, was how unfriendly the table was with me as an outsider. For the few hours I sat there, nobody at the table said a word to me, even if I were to say something. The dealers knew everyone by name, in fact, the dealers knew all of the 20 plus 10/20 players that I played with over the two days I played. While I would expect a lot of regulars at that game, I also would expect a table to full of regulars to try to make a “newbie” who obviously moved over from the 4/8 game feel comfortable at the new game. If they had chatted it up a little, I likely would have stayed in the game until I lost my whole stack. Instead, they just talked among themselves and made the game generally “unfun”. I decided since I was on vacation to have fun and the game wasn’t providing that, I should just go back to playing 4/8. I cashed out up $265 and bought back into the 4/8 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the fun people are playing nl like they play on TV.

Playing 10-20 limit with a bunch of off duty dealers, NIT Tunica pros and wanta be pros mid week would have to sux.

Congrat on the W and nice report thanks,

GS
Old 05-23-2007, 02:29 PM

If you don't like smoke or slot machine noise, the Grand has the best setup, since the room is glassed in. Also, I think the machines upstairs there are all non-smoking.

On the downside, there aren't as many games at the Grand as the Horseshoe, and Grand's staff isn't as good as Horseshoe's, and the buffet there, while on the better end of Tunica buffets, isn't nearly as good as the Horseshoe's. Plus, the horseshoe snack bar has the best food in the entire state of Mississippi.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't like smoke or slot machine noise, the Grand has the best setup, since the room is glassed in. Also, I think the machines upstairs there are all non-smoking.

On the downside, there aren't as many games at the Grand as the Horseshoe, and Grand's staff isn't as good as Horseshoe's, and the buffet there, while on the better end of Tunica buffets, isn't nearly as good as the Horseshoe's. Plus, the horseshoe snack bar has the best food in the entire state of Mississippi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their comps suck too.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Their comps suck too.

[/ QUOTE ]

They seem in line with GS and Horseshoe (unless something has changed very recently). Buffets are no problem, poker rate seems the same, and I've had no trouble getting comped at the sports bar if I'm tired of the buffet. The last time I was there they could only comp me one buffet, but they said this was due to some [censored]-up with the harrah's system integration that prevented them from comping my wife, and it would be fixed "soon". Of course, this was a pretty minor annoyance since she you only have to play video poker for like 3 minutes to get a buffet comp.