Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 10:27 AM

Default Re: So is Jordin toast? *DELETED*

Post deleted by suzy89222
Old 05-16-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Re: So is Jordin toast?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Grifter... Melinda/Jordin is a lot closer than Melinda/Blake. FWIW, I think Jordin/Blake would be pretty close too.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree
Old 05-16-2007, 10:47 AM

wsex, bookmaker, pinnacle, the greek, matchbook. can anyone tell me any other sites with AI wagering? thanks.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:37 AM

by the way, i just got a GREAT price on jordin going home tonight, +385 on bookmaker. not near as good as my +825 i got the other day, but im liking the bet. i think the line's worse now though.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:09 PM

The DI results aren't very trustworthy in an absolute sense, but relatively speaking they are telling a story and it's not the one I read in this thread. The trick is to look at what happened last week and compare it with this week's results. The cumulative busy percentage is a good stat to examine. The whole curve is interesting, but 11:00 EDT is especially important because that's when the Eastern voting closed. After that the results aren't very statistically significant.

1. Melinda made huge gains this week compared to last week. No doubt this is due to capturing LaKisha's share.

2. Blake made virtually no progress against Jordin. She clings to a tiny DI lead over Blake just like she did last week.

Conclusion: It is widely believed that Jordin easily beat Blake last week. If this is actually true then she has beaten him again.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:28 PM

dont say that! im counting the minutes til the show tonight!! does that make me a loser?
Old 05-16-2007, 04:40 PM

From Nigel:

[ QUOTE ]

In an interview today with TV Week, American Idol producer Nigel Lythgoe said that the girls may have split the votes last night, paving the way for Blake to make it to the finale next week.

Nigel said "This is the best Top 3 that the show has ever had." He believes Melinda won the first round, Blake won the second round, and Jordin triumphed in the final round. He went on to say, "Blake was the best across the board last night, but, for me, both Jordin and Melinda are just more talented."

He also revealed that Blake called Maroon 5 himself to get "This Love" cleared.

He said "For me, Jordin is the best person to become the next American Idol," and concluded "It's gonna be an interesting result."

[/ QUOTE ]

http://americanidolamericanidol.blog...girls-may.html

In other news, a few "insiders" are saying it's Melinda going home.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From Nigel:

[ QUOTE ]

In an interview today with TV Week, American Idol producer Nigel Lythgoe said that the girls may have split the votes last night, paving the way for Blake to make it to the finale next week.

Nigel said "This is the best Top 3 that the show has ever had." He believes Melinda won the first round, Blake won the second round, and Jordin triumphed in the final round. He went on to say, "Blake was the best across the board last night, but, for me, both Jordin and Melinda are just more talented."

He also revealed that Blake called Maroon 5 himself to get "This Love" cleared.

He said "For me, Jordin is the best person to become the next American Idol," and concluded "It's gonna be an interesting result."

[/ QUOTE ]

http://americanidolamericanidol.blog...girls-may.html

In other news, a few "insiders" are saying it's Melinda going home.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd love to see blake stay if for nothing else to silence the st00pid, crack news people employed by stern (and their believers)
Old 05-16-2007, 05:15 PM

I hope I lose but I just took 750 on Melinda to get booted. Based on the DI results it is wide open and it's a great hedge for me. Although I didn't bet it to hedge because that goes against everything I believe. My policy is that if you have a big position and you reach a point where you can hedge and lock in a big profit but the line that you have to bet at to hedge is negative equity then press up!!!
Old 05-16-2007, 05:21 PM

I'm certain that Nigel knows the results before conducting these interviews. He gets them at 2am after the performance shows. He mentions in the past that he stays up all night to get them. Assuming he knows the results beforehand, Nigel seems to be hinting that one of the girls are going home. He's also pimping & defending Jordin and not saying too much about Melinda. DialIdol's results seem too close to call. This looks to me like a Melinda boot.