Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Study Group - FINAL LIST - please check!!!

this would be stupid and i would not participate if i was stuck with only "newbs" soley because of my post content, i would not participate if im not getting advice from people who are equal to my skill level or better, its only fair that i give and get equally (id still be more than willing to help other "newbs" obviously but i just want it to be fair)
Old 05-14-2007, 08:34 PM

i don't understand what this is about but i'd be willing to participate for the hell of it
Old 05-14-2007, 08:55 PM

I´m complaining about selecting regs with regs and newbs with newbs. This project is for improving in play for all players who are in. So my advice is to put about 3 regs and 2 newbs or 4 regs and 2 newbs into one group. doesn´t make any sense that newbs "teach" or give advices to other newbs, does it?!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:00 PM

i'll join. usa
Old 05-14-2007, 09:02 PM

problem with 3-4 regs and a couple newbs in a group is the newbs will pretty much be leaching from the other regs. if it's all newbs in a group and all regs in a group then it should be easier to get a proper give/take equilibrium.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't understand what this is about but i'd be willing to participate for the hell of it

[/ QUOTE ]

As I understand it, we get put in groups of 5 or 6, and each record a commentated video, which we then exchange with the other members of our group.

So you get ~5 detailed feedbacks of our own play, in exchange for giving such on the others, - and you get to observe 5 others playing what may be a different style to your own. In addition, since other group members have seen all videos, detailed discussion on hands where opinion is divided can take place over AIM / MSN whatever between group members.

Such a focused (and sorta private) grouping hopefully encourages much greater a level of thought process / feedback compared to the usual video posting threads, which are generally more of an instructional nature, I think is the idea.

UBB 7.x failed forum upgrade would have been FANTASTIC for this - did anyone else see the new PM (private thread w/ up to 8 "members") before it got taken down?

dave.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:09 PM

How does this work? Is there certain days agreed for studying? What's the structure? Who decides on what the topic is within the group? I am interested and feel I could both learn and contribute but don't want to commit but then back out if I dislike how the group operates. Sorry if that sounds kinda douche.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:17 PM

rberg- fixed
_dave_- fixed

ThePlan, creative, ComputerMaster- I understand that you feel that way and I knew some posters would feel the same. First, if you do not believe you will get better by watching 3-4 other videos, having 3-4 others watch yours, and then discussing them....no matter who the poster...then I don't think you belong in this Study Group. Frankly, it sounds like your plan was to leach coaching off of some of the regs and not return anything. Maybe that is the case, and maybe it isn't, but it isn't really up for debate. Participate this time and next time we do it you will be mixed in with the regs. I think that this is fair for everybody. Next time we have a study group all the "newbs" will be in groups with other "newbs"...think of it as your indoctrination to 2p2.

If you still say you do not want to participate, that is fine. Let me know and I will take you off the list..if you'ld like you can wait until the next one, and if you have been active in the forum I'll put you in the regs group.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does this work? Is there certain days agreed for studying? What's the structure? Who decides on what the topic is within the group? I am interested and feel I could both learn and contribute but don't want to commit but then back out if I dislike how the group operates. Sorry if that sounds kinda douche.

[/ QUOTE ]http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=10349080&an=0&am p;page=0#Post10349080
Old 05-14-2007, 09:22 PM

Updated
Closed Thread