Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2006, 07:01 AM

Default Re: Your Favorite Baseball Team

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With pitchers and catchers reporting, the great game of baseball comes back into the national focus. Which team is your favorite? Do you think they can make noise in the postseason? If so, why? Just trying to generate some discussion here...

[/ QUOTE ]
My favorite team is the Mariners. I don't know about the postseason, but I know we aren't in last place yet! I have faith that we can keep it that way for at least another month, maybe more! GO SEATTLE!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

We have 5 more weeks of not being in last place or having a losing record. Im so pumped. We don't even have any starting pitchers with a 6 ERA right now.

Seriously though, the only thing I think we have to look forward to is the continued rise of The King to the top of the MLB pitching ranks. Id say we have about a 5 percent shot of everything clicking and making the playoffs. I will be holding onto that 5 percent. Beltre bounces back, Sexson, Ichiro do their thing, and the young guys up the middle improve we are gonna have a fun team to watch. Just remember to be working out your face muscles for all the cringing that is gonna go on when the 36 million dollar man is on the hill.

[/ QUOTE ]
Five Per Cent! Five Per Cent! Five Per Cent!!!! Join the chant, Mariner's fans! Five Per Cent! Five Per Cent! Oh yeah, Cub fans are welcome to join in as well. Five Per Cent!!!!!!

Here's to clinging to false hope, and going ballistic over being in first place if they win their first game.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:15 PM

It will be interesting to watch the mish-mash of a new infield at Fenway. I'm sure the Red Sox will get plenty of discussion this season, so I'll bow out now to you M's and J's fans, etc.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:49 PM

Red Sox. I'm looking forward to a Papelbon-Beckett combo at the top of the rotation...at least, if they're healthy...
Old 02-19-2006, 07:42 PM

St Louis Cardinals

I'm not pleased with the offseason, but I'm sure they're still a contender. NLCS in 4 out of last 6 years, so it's tough to not picture them as a contender.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:55 PM

detroit bitches
Old 02-19-2006, 08:13 PM

Brewers. I am optimistic for the first time since the early 90s. They have a solid pitching staff and hit enough. Their defense is really bad though.

I don't think they have enough to get in the playoffs this year, but hopefully they can build on their 81-81 finish last year and maybe win 88-89 games and be a threat to win the division in 2007.

The Cards are the team to beat in the Central right now, but maybe they will start to slow down next year when some of the Brewer players are maturing.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:12 PM

or

P.S. The Cubs are a worthless sack of [censored] team, the Mariners have no pitching besides Felix, and the Brewers are a good young team on the rise.

That is all.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
St Louis Cardinals

I'm not pleased with the offseason, but I'm sure they're still a contender. NLCS in 4 out of last 6 years, so it's tough to not picture them as a contender.

[/ QUOTE ]

It helps that neither the Cubs or Strokes really improved this offseason either. And now that Lidge's career is over, it'll make it even tougher on Houston, despite a still-solid rotation. Basically, the Cards went backwards about as much as the competition. Plus, getting Rolen back, assuming he's 100%, is the equivalent of the best free agent signing of the entire offseason since he didn't play last year.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And now that Lidge's career is over, it'll make it even tougher on Houston, despite a still-solid rotation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, Lidge hasn't been traded yet or injured for '06 AFAIK.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And now that Lidge's career is over, it'll make it even tougher on Houston, despite a still-solid rotation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, Lidge hasn't been traded yet or injured for '06 AFAIK.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do remember the postseason, right? He's done. Albert ruined him and Podsednik finished him. Dye just tapdanced on the corpse.