Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Let\'s boycott FTP til the Bot issue is resolved

[ QUOTE ]
uh, the bot issue was resolved. They werent proven to be bots.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, it's impossible to prove that someone is using a bot with 100% accuracy. So let's keep following Full Tilt's lead and the games will become bot infested and online poker will no longer be profitable for anyone (including the bots, which it will still be impossible to prove their existance because you will still have that tiny shred of doubt).
Old 05-11-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, it's impossible to prove that someone is using a bot with 100% accuracy. So let's keep following Full Tilt's lead and the games will become bot infested and online poker will no longer be profitable for anyone (including the bots, which it will still be impossible to prove their existance because you will still have that tiny shred of doubt).

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a "Let God sort 'em out" bumper sticker?
Old 05-11-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, what'll happen is that the market will adjust, people over time will leave sites with bots, other sites with better reputations will gain market share, and the game will remain +EV.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, what'll happen is that the market will adjust, people over time will leave sites with bots, other sites with better reputations will gain market share, and the game will remain +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're suggesting that some sites allow bots and others dont, perhaps this will happen. If you're suggesting all sites allow bots, I strongly disagree.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:25 PM

The suggestion is that SOME sites don't care about bots, so by default, they are a fact of life (at those sites). People who are aware of this and who don't want to play bots will then gravitate to sites which are more rigorous in their anti-bot measures, i.e., more "fair".
Old 05-11-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a "Let God sort 'em out" bumper sticker?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, do you believe that OJ was actually innocent? I'm sure that the US legal system is more capable than FTP's security team. Also this botting case is probably more straightforward than OJ's was.

Seriously DWarrior and Alobar, what kind of evidence would you guys need before you believed these guys are bots? What piece of information would seal it for you? Everything that anyone could ever find is debatable in some way.

If they found a bot program on their computer they could claim that it was a virus that renamed itself, or that someone else installed it without their knowing but they never used it, or that it was another program with the same name. And some people would still believe them. "Well FTP security found them innocent, so maybe they were!".
Old 05-11-2007, 06:03 PM

The sky isnt falling at FTP, you can leave if you want but its fairly easy to see that FTP is going to do something, you may not hear about it but you can be sure at least something is being done. You all act like this is the first time bots have been around, its just the first deep stack NL bot that people have publicly recognized.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The suggestion is that SOME sites don't care about bots, so by default, they are a fact of life (at those sites). People who are aware of this and who don't want to play bots will then gravitate to sites which are more rigorous in their anti-bot measures, i.e., more "fair".

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes but the fish won't know or care about bots so they will keep playing at the sites with the best advertising or whatever.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:13 PM

can i just boycott them till neteller releases my funds?

[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they found a bot program on their computer they could claim that it was a virus that renamed itself, or that someone else installed it without their knowing but they never used it, or that it was another program with the same name. And some people would still believe them. "Well FTP security found them innocent, so maybe they were!".

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be enough evidence for me.

also if FTP were to review their case and say they're botting, I'd go with it because I don't have all the evidence. I'd still leave the possibility that they're just doing it to avoid bad publicity, but I would have to trust them.