Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: BLOG: T-God

wow, zeebo theorem ftw

anyway it always makes me happy and sad to see 2p2ers at low limits - happy because i don't have to play them, sad because i usually like them as people and because it means games are way harder.

gl t-god, you'll be back to betting pot at 5/10 in no time.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:30 AM

I'm reading this blog and I'm hoping it goes somewhere. I like having the one blog thing happening and it's something I can check in on everyday.

My criticism so far would be that it just seems to be a series of hands that either T-God or his opponent play badly. I've never really read any blogs on a day to day basis but I'm thinking there must be more to it than this.

I'll stay tuned. Good luck.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:32 AM

fyodor... the secret to this blog is to focus on what he is saying in between the hands [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Think of the hands as pictures between the words.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fyodor... the secret to this blog is to focus on what he is saying in between the hands [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Think of the hands as pictures between the words.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 05-15-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, zeebo theorem ftw

anyway it always makes me happy and sad to see 2p2ers at low limits - happy because i don't have to play them, sad because i usually like them as people and because it means games are way harder.

gl t-god, you'll be back to betting pot at 5/10 in no time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks tri, I appreciate it. FWIW I don't intend it to be a sad story or that I've fallen or anything. I'm making over 50 cents per hand so far which is pretty solid and I'm regaining my game in the process. The fact that I had to move down was completely my fault. There's no way I can stay on top of my game and expect good results by only playing a couple thousand hands per week (or per month). Like I said I'm having fun right now so I'm on the right track.

Fyodor, I'm new to this but thanks for your comments. To be honest I've been looking for some really interesting hands but they haven't come up yet, so I've been posting some funny ones. In my next entry I will find a complex hand or two and give my thoughts street-by-street. I hope that will help.

Thanks for the comments from everyone!
Old 05-15-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of all the people who play poker, and all the forums they talk about it in, I am curious why DB chose you in particular to put a blog here. No offense, just curious.

Also curious why a blog of any kind is here, to top that off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg, he was the 1st to volunteer [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

On a serious note: Of all the currently existing forums, this is likely the best for this type of experiment, though I think Carter should have opened it to anyone, rather than limiting it to only one!

Blog posts tend to be well thought out posts of the type the Lounge is designed for.

[/ QUOTE ]

plus t-gizzle is the shizzle furr rizzle u heard

(ldo)
Old 05-17-2007, 01:48 AM

Hi

Party just died on me so it seems like a good time for an update. I only got in 800 hands (instead of 1600) yesterday and about 1300 in today since Party just gayed out on me. Yesterday I made like $80 but today I made $1900. Wooooo. My second session (or last 400 hands) today started out pretty bad. I got coolered with top trips vs. a boat vs a big fish and AK vs. J8 on A88 flop vs. an even bigger fish. Then I tried to bluff raise a busted draw on the river against a weird-ass line that I didn't believe but he had a straight. But then I won some big [censored] pots:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

BB ($142.10)
UTG ($298.70)
MP ($201.70)
Hero ($348.30)
Button ($647.95)
SB ($241.65)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $22</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $16.

Flop: ($47) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $35</font>, Button calls $35.

Turn: ($117) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $80</font>, Button calls $80.

River: ($277) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero calls $211.30 (All-In), Button calls $211.30.

Final Pot: $699.60

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 8s 8h (full house, eights full of nines).
Button has Kd As (two pair, kings and nines).
Outcome: Hero wins $699.60. </font>

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

BB ($200)
UTG ($297.75)
MP ($727.66)
Hero ($486.75)
SB ($295.79)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, SB calls $7, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $6.

Flop: ($26) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $35</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $65</font>, Hero calls $30.

Turn: ($156) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $200</font>, MP calls $150.

River: ($556) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero calls $213.75 (All-In), MP calls $213.75.

Final Pot: $983.50

MP has 2h Jd (three of a kind, jacks).
Hero has Kc Kh (full house, kings full of jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins $983.50. </font>

Good story about the opponent in the second hand: When I sat he had about 980$ in his stack. He was 70vpip which was good, but he said "I'm quitting when I get to $1000", which is bad. 20 mins later I'm sitting on 1200 and he leaves [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I kinda feel bad. But only kinda.

The tables were insane today. There were like 70/30/50 wtsd guys 3 buy-ins deep at almost every table I saw. And of course there were loser TAGs who play like [censored] berating them at every table too. [censored] sad losers.

Here was a hand I'll try to analyze for y'all as promised:

SB is 78/33/50wtsd (lollllll) and the guy who I busted for 5 buy-ins that I mentioned before. Button is 21/13/30wtsd who I have 400 hands on but never noticed. So I'm assuming he is a nit as so many regs are at 1/2.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

MP ($226.55)
Button ($231)
SB ($864.91)
Hero ($213)
UTG ($454.74)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $7</font>, SB calls $6, Hero calls $5.

<font color="green"> Preflop: 3betting isn't bad here since a tag opener on the button obviously has a fairly wide opening range and SB is calling any 2. Plus I figure to have a better hand than SB with position on him. However, I like a call to keep the pot smaller when I'm in a hand with a guy who will pay off big if he gets any piece and I hit bigger.</font>

Flop: ($21) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $40</font>, Button calls $40, SB calls $30.

<font color="green"> Flop: That's a purdy one. TP with OESD. SB leads out which might be scary if he didn't overplay every hand a ridiculous amount. So I raise. Buttons call freaks me out. At this point I think the only hands that cold call there are flush draws or strong one-pair hands that aren't sure what to do. No way anyone slowplays a set or straight there IMO. </font>

Turn: ($141) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero calls $166 (All-In), Button folds, SB calls $166.

<font color="green"> Tizzurn. This is where I wasn't sure what to do at first. I think an argument can be made for checking since I'm likely behind Button. However I think that if he does have AK/AA he will have a hard time calling on this board. That [censored] is scary. I generally avoid trying to get anyone to lay down AA if that's what I put them on, but I guess this is the spot to do it. But hell, even if he calls I have outs and the pot is so big. He thought a bit before folding so I think he must have had AK. Then my poor friend makes his absurd call and I scoop that bitch.</font>

River: ($473) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $473

Hero has Kd Jh (two pair, kings and jacks).
SB has 2d Kc (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins $473. </font>

I know that wasn't a really tough hand but it was the best I could find today. Hopefully it offers something and I'll keep looking for better ones for future updates.

Here are my stats since beginning the blog:

Blogs are like run-good machines.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:13 AM

T-God

I your own words, what's your style of play?

Do you think party is easier or harder than stars? What are the differences, you think?
Old 05-17-2007, 12:41 PM

SMARTLLLLLLLLLLLAG! No, not really. But I would say I'm a LAG pre and postflop. I like to be put in alot of new situations and splash around alot.

I would assume that it's easier at Party than Stars, but I only know anything through what I've heard from others. I rarely played Stars before the US ban and played there even less after. Party has great 1/2 games and while it's been a while, the games up to 3/6 have typically been pretty good.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:17 PM

I play lag too. Very lag if one-tabling. Let's talk some lag theory down the road some, if you want to.

Tag is the new fish.