Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: guitar players

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, most of these songs are not easy if you want it to sound ANYTHING like the original (Crash by DMB?). Ease & fun:

Brown Eyed Girl
Wish you were here
Hey Joe
any Sublime song
any Jack Johnson song
Waste
Beer

My suggestion would be to just look up guitar tabs online and find the matching words and make what you like work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Santaria on just one lone acoustic guitar doesn't sound that great. Was gonna second Wish you were Here, although I can't imagine there's anyone left in the world who isn't sick of that song.

Crash by Dave Matthews has an acoustic version that should be easily duplicated.

The best songs are simple, oft-repeating and filled with boisterous vocals so people can really belt them out. I love playing and singing Dashboard Confessional songs personally.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, most of these songs are not easy if you want it to sound ANYTHING like the original (Crash by DMB?). Ease & fun:

Brown Eyed Girl
Wish you were here
Hey Joe
any Sublime song
any Jack Johnson song
Waste
Beer

My suggestion would be to just look up guitar tabs online and find the matching words and make what you like work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Santaria on just one lone acoustic guitar doesn't sound that great. Was gonna second Wish you were Here, although I can't imagine there's anyone left in the world who isn't sick of that song.

Crash by Dave Matthews has an acoustic version that should be easily duplicated.

The best songs are simple, oft-repeating and filled with boisterous vocals so people can really belt them out. I love playing and singing Dashboard Confessional songs personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've held my tongue long enough. please stop suggesting dave matthew and jack johnson songs. i would kill myself if i ever knew one.

also, no more obscure songs that no one will know. i know plenty of those. i want songs people will want to sing along to.

tyvm
Old 05-10-2007, 06:09 PM

Maggie May - Rod Stewart

Signs - Tesla
Old 05-10-2007, 06:15 PM

If you want to get with a Korean girl, learn More Than Words by Extreme.

Best Friend's Girl by The Cars

Hey Jude

Let It Be

Dead Flowers
Old 05-10-2007, 06:20 PM

whoever is suggesting dashboard confessional: we don't need to know what you guys do down at the bathhouse, don't ask don't tell ok thanks

as for OP:

'fools rush in' is a guaranteed panty dropper son. so is 'purple rain,' and both of those are easy as hell
Old 05-10-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brown Eyed Girl
Wish you were here
Hey Joe
any Sublime song
any Jack Johnson song
Waste
Beer

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i've held my tongue long enough. please stop suggesting dave matthew and jack johnson songs. i would kill myself if i ever knew one.

also, no more obscure songs that no one will know. i know plenty of those. i want songs people will want to sing along to.

tyvm

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree about Dave Matthews and Jack Johnson. I was just saying you can play Crash on one guitar if you wanted to.

I haven't seen that many obscure songs in this list, at least not by my definition. Even so, if one poster suggests 5 obscure songs and one good one I would think you'd be happy for the one good suggestion. Just filter out the rest.

NT!,

I am not gay. I don't even like emo other than Dashboard, if that can possibly make sense.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree about Dave Matthews and Jack Johnson. I was just saying you can play Crash on one guitar if you wanted to.

I haven't seen that many obscure songs in this list, at least not by my definition. Even so, if one poster suggests 5 obscure songs and one good one I would think you'd be happy for the one good suggestion. Just filter out the rest.

NT!,

I am not gay. I don't even like emo other than Dashboard, if that can possibly make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

wasn't picking on you, just wanted to stop those suggestions before they get out of hand.

i have been very happy when i see a good suggestion in a list of multiples.

i guess they're not really obscure, but not as widely known, even the choruses.

like i think songs like every rose, and brown eye girl are good suggestions, cause people at least know the choruses at the very least. more like these that are easy to learn are much appreciated.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:57 PM

How old are the people you're likely to finding yourself playing and singing songs with? It's kinda hard to think of a lot of truly timeless, simple and cheesy guitar songs. Maybe as a second option you could request good tunes that the average 25-year-old would know and sing along with, or the average 19-year-old, or whatever age group you tend to associate with.

Songs like Alive by Pearl Jam or The Hook by Blues Traveller are well-known by pretty much anyone my age (27), but that might not be the case for a crowd of younger people.

I can't think of much of anything good even in a cheesy way from the 1980s other than Poison and Bon Jovi.

Some oldies:

Hey Baby from the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack

Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding

Bad Moon Rising - CCR

Taking it Easy - The Eagles (sick of this song but I used to like it)

Rainy Day Women (Everybody Must Get Stoned) - Bob Dylan (I hate the song but people might like it I dunno)

I've played so many songs at gatherings and parties I ought to be able to remember at least fifty good ones, but for some reason they're hard to recall on the spot.

edit: Heaven let your light shine down by Collective Soul, just a little retuning and adaptation and it's a cinch. Fun chorus. Also maybe "When I Come Around" by Green Day.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How old are the people you're likely to finding yourself playing and singing songs with? It's kinda hard to think of a lot of truly timeless, simple and cheesy guitar songs. Maybe as a second option you could request good tunes that the average 25-year-old would know and sing along with, or the average 19-year-old, or whatever age group you tend to associate with.

Songs like Alive by Pearl Jam or The Hook by Blues Traveller are well-known by pretty much anyone my age (27), but that might not be the case for a crowd of younger people.

I can't think of much of anything good even in a cheesy way from the 1980s other than Poison and Bon Jovi.

Some oldies:

Hey Baby from the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack

Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding

Bad Moon Rising - CCR

Taking it Easy - The Eagles (sick of this song but I used to like it)

Rainy Day Women (Everybody Must Get Stoned) - Bob Dylan (I hate the song but people might like it I dunno)

I've played so many songs at gatherings and parties I ought to be able to remember at least fifty good ones, but for some reason they're hard to recall on the spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm 32 as are most of my friends. which is why i thought some fun cheesey 80s would be good.

bad moon rising is a good one.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:13 PM

How about "Take it on the Run" by REO Speedwagon?