Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Re: top 50 players in NBA history

comon Clark if you dont like CWebb thats fine, but saying Sheed>>>CWebb is just plain wrong.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:45 AM

I love C-Webb, and I'm doubtful if he is a total 50 player all time, but come on Sheed. If Webber never had the serious knee injury, he might not be on Duncan's or KG's page but he's just right below them. He actually used to be a pretty good defender when healthy and motivated.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:46 AM

I agree with Cap0ne's last statement... Clarky, a little over the top there.

Also, OP, you are WAYYYY overrating current players. Take off Ray Allen, tMac, AI, and Webber please. And your statement that says Boozer is a few years away REALLY made me lol... did you start watching the NBA two years ago? Scratch that, this year?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:47 AM

# of all nba teams and number of mvps are crappy ways to argue for a players inclusion on this list.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:48 AM

to say that Boozer, a first time all-star this year, is a few years away from inclusion of the Top 50 NBA Players of All Time List, should speak for your acumen.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:49 AM

Did I make it my argument, all I'm saying is Webber is better than Sheed. Sheed is a good player and all but to say his career and his peak is greater than Webber is a complete joke. There was a season where Webber was easily better than both KG and Duncan, I can't even come close to saying that for Sheed.

Well maybe not easily better but on par with Kg and TD (2000).
Old 05-10-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
comon Clark if you dont like CWebb thats fine, but saying Sheed>>>CWebb is just plain wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but CWebb ain't >>> Sheed either. Sheed played better D and wasn't afraid to have the ball with the game on the line and actually had the intention of shooting instead of passing. Based on the responses, I'd put Sheed on my all-underrated of all time list. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, neither is close to Barkley, which was an absurd comparison.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:54 AM

how many game winners does Sheed have in his career? Is there anywhere that tracks this? I just don't think its that many... he never gets the last shot for the Pistons (80% Billups, 15% Hamilton), and the few times he has I've never seen him make it, except for that ridiculous 3-quarter court game-tying three against DEN this year.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but CWebb ain't >>> Sheed either. Sheed played better D and wasn't afraid to have the ball with the game on the line and actually had the intention of shooting instead of passing. Based on the responses, I'd put Sheed on my all-underrated of all time list. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Sheed played that much better D than Webber, if at all, when he was healthy. I can't deny now Sheed does play better D than Webber who is probally as good as a tree defensively now.

The problem with Sheed is he loves to bomb the 3s like Walker. He's a good shooter, but not great. Honestly how many big men, Clark, do you see making huge shots at the end of games? Even some of the best called on their wing men or pgs to do the work. I know TD hit a huge shot in the Lakers-Spurs series back in the day but most big men aren't known to be huge shot takers other than Larry B.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I like Sheed, he's had a good/solid career, def better than most nba players. If you look at stats alone Barkley is better than CWebb, but not by a wide margin at all. I think he avg 2 more ppg and 2 more rpg and also shot 6% points better from the field. Now, that being said, I'll take Sir Charles everyday over Cwebb, but Im biased bc he one of my favorite players ever and I just like him in general.