Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 05:47 AM

Default 2/4, QTs SB defence

A couple of orbits into the game. Villain has been aggressive both pre and postflop. This is the third time we are involved in a blind fight and I've won both the previous ones w/ monsters getting good action. The previous one: Villain raise/call on btn vs me in SB w A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He raises J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He bet/calls 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and raise/cap 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] losing to my 88.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>.. (figuring he would have raised an OESD on the flop)

Fold preflop? (This is what I use to do)
Turn 3bet?
What's your plan after this? C/c any scare card if he just calls?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:56 AM

Default Re: 2/4, QTs SB defence

I like the 3 bet here I think it's too pretty to fold and you must resteal on the sb you can't let the BB in.
Once you hit the flop time to extract from our loose agressive opponent.
Your line above is top skill, you've bet your strong hand and he raised, it's Christmas, you're miles ahead(he's probably got AQ and looking for revenge.) If he's got a set oh well.....
Old 05-10-2007, 06:02 AM

you played it perfect
Old 05-10-2007, 06:05 AM

if he calls teh 3 bet and the River is a 8 or K you can b/f imho b/c the rest and 3 bet if you fill up up obv..if he caps you c/c basiclly any River in my book except an Ace
Old 05-10-2007, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if he calls teh 3 bet and the River is a 8 or K you can b/f imho b/c the rest and 3 bet if you fill up up obv..if he caps you c/c basiclly any River in my book except an Ace

[/ QUOTE ]

ARRRGH! Dont bloat the pot and then bet/fold against a tricky player!

@ OP

The hand is fine. Easy 3-bet preflop. Easy 3-bet on the turn. If a scare card falls c/c or b/c the river. If he caps the turn get to SD. Just dont fold!

There should be some way of public punishment of 2p2'ers who bet/folds against aggro tricky players in big pots when villains range up untill the bet/fold is huge. Shame on you wunderkind!
Old 05-10-2007, 07:38 AM

so you 3 bet the Turn he calls &gt; River is an Ace of hearts &gt; now there TQ9A 3 hearts on the Baord you bet &gt; he raises&gt; what do you beat???

" dont blow the pot and then fold for one bet vs aggro Players " while this is true as a a general statement i still can fold vs them on this Baord for one bet unless theyre spewtards&gt; i bet you often said &gt; " dont make general assumptions &gt; play each Situation by itself "...but thats what youre doing here

If you can tell me a hand that we beat if teh River is an Ace then okay i might change my mind &gt; but please dont say Ax
Old 05-10-2007, 07:57 AM

On this board I just call the turn raise. I don't think your previous battle means that much, I'd probably cap it as well with the A-high flush and HU.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:43 AM

I thought QTs were borderline here preflop, because of domination and lack of SD value. Anyway, on to the river that made me think about the hand afterwards..

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls without hesitation.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero?

I'm thinking c/c'ing might be best here:
*I'm now behind to e.g. AQ and spade draws.
*A missed hearts flush draw will fold if he didn't hit the A. A check might induce a bluff, but not likely when I have shown this much strength.
*He might value bet some worse hands like Q9 that got afraid of the straight possibility or AJ.

But of course, I'm losing value against a lot of hands that call too, KQ, QJ or some other strangely played holdings.
And I'm not sure we can pin point his range.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:05 AM

is this really such an easy turn 3bet? there are a [censored] ton of combos of JK and 8J that will take us to value village.

I'd expect a pair to raise the flop most of the time.

even if we say:
behind 8J*16, KJ*16
ahead AQ*12, 9T*9, Q9*9

we are ahead less than half the time. and I think that the Q hands should be discounted b/c of the flop action (and AQ gets capped preflop a lot).

of course if villain will semibluff a J or flush draw here we are looking a lot better.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:44 AM

Muck that cheese preflop, double so against an opponent who's going to put you to the test postflop. Be honest with yourself; do you really think that you will show a profit by 3-betting QTs OOP or are you 3-betting because you know he's "stealing" and you don't want him to get away with it. The latter is a natural human reaction and happens to all of us. Pick a better spot IMHO.

As played, the turn is an easy 3 bet. You are waaaay ahead of his range.

Lost Wages