Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Ask the Lounge About Men

[ QUOTE ]
I'm kind of curious. Do you ever look at the way women dress these days and think it's too slutty and leaves nothing to the imagination?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:38 PM

There is some things that are really slutty, however they are not called "too slutty" unless they are on massive girls. THAT is leaving nothing to the imagination in a bad way. LDO.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do guys think of today’s womens fashions? What do you like/dislike?

I'm kind of curious. Do you ever look at the way women dress these days and think it's too slutty and leaves nothing to the imagination?

And since we’re talking about jewelry. What do you guys like on girls? Do you think jewelry is gaudy?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Re women's fashions:
a) I think the pants that show your buttcrack are a bit silly.
b) I think wearing a thong with those pants is very sexy but really inappropriate most of the time. If I had a daughter running around like that showing what was in her butt crack, I'd ground her for a thousand years. If my girlfriend did that, I'd wish she kept certain things for me instead of the general populace. Hell, by the time I get around to looking at her, I'd be an also-ran in the cavalcade of ass-crack starers in her life.
c) Not a fan of green eyeshadow or anything that looks unnatural. Make-up should make you look naturally beautiful, not like something crafted. If you want to put it in a frame and hang it up for people to admire it's daring or creativity rather than just grab it and smooch it, it's an idea that has gone too far.
d) Apropos of the above, tattooed eyebrows are just weird and not at all flattering. Sorry, Pam.
e) Women should not partially shave their heads.
f) Stupid hair colors make you look stupid.\
g) It seems safe to say that of all the retarded fashions that have come along, piercing is the most retarded, closely followed by tattooing.
h) Apropos of the above, the "tramp stamp" on the lower back is almost always way too big, sloppy, and gross.
i) You already know I'm not a fan of neckboobs. Whatever you've got, ladies, real or fake, just let it look remotely human. It just looks freaky, fake, or stupid yanked into place by some bizzaro-bra.
j) I like functional necks on women. What is this business with tilting the head all the time, especially in pictures? Enough already. Didn't your mommy tell you to sit and stand up straight?
k) No clothes should be worn that you're not in shape for. If that means you think you're out of fashion, trust me, it's better than looking like a slop or a floppy squishy bucket of lard.
l) Jewelry should be treated like make-up. It should enhance what you're wearing, not dominate it or make you look crusty with bling.
m) Long fingernails can be too long. Keep it reasonable or you look retarded and can't do ordinary things.
n) Long fingernails should be kept clean. Getting all your taco bell cheese in there and then trying to suck out the spooge underneath is gross. So is leaving it there. For goodness sake, try to handle it.
o) Fashion choices should never be blamed on men. If you want to wear it, take the credit and blame at the same time. No Patriarchal conspiracy is making you wear high heels.
p) It is not fashion that makes you look your best, but being in shape, well-groomed, energetic, positive, and in good humor. A smile bumps you an automatic two points. You'll never get more value from less.

As to what I like, that's a long list too and I just got a phone call. Maybe later.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:22 AM

Good list Blarg...
Old 05-10-2007, 01:27 AM

Blarg's list is solid, although I don't mind push-up bras as much as he does.

Point (b) is I think especially indicative of a lot of guys. If a women dresses in a manner that I might consider too slutty, all bets are off if she's into me and I find her remotely attractive. Many guys might say a girl is dressed too slutty when he sees her across the room, but if she comes up to him and says hi, then "too slutty" will often turn into "not naked enough."

I mostly agree w/ point (g), but for whatever reason, I find belly button piercings cute and feminine. Tongue studs, eh. While I haven't gotten head from a girl w/ one, I've heard that they're overrated. Nipple piercings get my attention, but mostly because I'm looking at nipples. I'd rather just see her sans piercing. Eyebrows, lips, noses, and other places are just dumb. I have no desire to kiss a girl w/ a lip piercing.

I find formal wear very attractive on women, even though you seldom see it on any occasion other than prom night. Still, a woman who can wear a good evening dress well will usually induce wanton gawking.

I really like swishy pants on girls, especially ones that are tight around the hips. Mostly, this is a product of being a lindy hopper. A good pair of pants that fits her hips well and swishes at the bottom when she's dancing gets attention. Some girls got these wrap pants that, when untied, would be able to stretch out as a single sheet. However, when tied up, they fit like pants that have slits all the way up the outside of both legs. These have somewhat fallen out of fashion in the lindy hop community in the last few years, probably due to being overdone. However, I still think they're hot.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:01 AM

about men?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do guys think of today’s womens fashions? What do you like/dislike?

And since we’re talking about jewelry. What do you guys like on girls? Do you think jewelry is gaudy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a few Don'ts:

Big dresses. The ones that ramp off the breasts and hang straight down to mid-calf. They're terrible. Unless you are anorexic, from Ethiopia or ten, they make you look shapeless , old and fat. I know that they are soooo comfortable. But, they are almost as bad as sweat suits.

Sweat suits. Not the sexy ones with the letters on the butt. But, the ones that have elastic at the bottom of the legs and come with a matching sweat shirt. Usually purchased from K-Mart by every women over thirty with kids, every time I see one of these sweat suits in solid blue, Violet Beauregarde comes to mind.

Age inappropriate clothes. If you are forty-five and wearing low-riders with a thong and a top from Hot Topic, you don't look good, you look desperate and weird. Plus, if you change into something that fits your age, your teenager might again be willing to be seen with you in public.

Mothers who dress their daughters like street walkers. I work in commercial construction in FL. Last week, I had occasion to be in a middle school that had seemingly been taken over by a convention of hookers from New Jersey. WTF? Why would any mother allow their kid to dress that way?

Make-up. Keira Knightly can pull off heavy make-up; even the raccoon eyes thing. Almost every other woman on the planet who attempts the same, ends up looking like a 4AM, domestic violence call from a double-wide trailer on the television show "COPS".

Jewelry. Please, less is more. More than 2-3 rings total and you run the risk of looking like a hand model from a pawn shop. Also, generally speaking, piercings other than ears are not great. As for the ears, Camryn Manheim should not be a role model.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:48 AM

I have a personal theory. I believe much of human appearance and behaviour has been shaped strongly by sexual selection, and I think the last several thousand years of human evolution it has been the key evolutionary pressure on our species (ignoring stuff like cultural evolution).

If this is so, then a natural inference is this: men are like they are cos women like them that way, and vice versa.

Thoughts?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:02 AM

I can agree with everything Blarg's list except e). I'm a huge fan of short hair on women, down to puppy butt short. Not every woman has the jaw line for it, but those that do are amazing.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Re women's fashions:
a) I think the pants that show your buttcrack are a bit silly.
b) I think wearing a thong with those pants is very sexy but really inappropriate most of the time. If I had a daughter running around like that showing what was in her butt crack, I'd ground her for a thousand years. If my girlfriend did that, I'd wish she kept certain things for me instead of the general populace. Hell, by the time I get around to looking at her, I'd be an also-ran in the cavalcade of ass-crack starers in her life.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something I was curious about and I'm glad you addressed it. Yes sure, there are so many beautiful girls walking around out there that can pull off the low jeans/thong look, and they pull it off well. But if you were to start to date a girl who attracted you this way, wouldn't you kind of wonder why she kept dressing in this manner as she was obviously turning on a lot of other guys by being so provocative. Or is it, as my boyfriend claims, that the fact she is turning on other guys is a total turn-on. In other words, do men want other men to be panting after their girl?

btw, once I was eating dinner at Don Pablos and this college-age girl and her mother sat down at a table near us and we had full view of the girls back and pretty little thong (her shirt was too short to cover it). Throughout the course of dinner, she tried to pull the shirt down to cover her bare back. It was pretty distracting, let me tell you. My boyfriend enjoyed it (you should have seen his eyes pop out of his head!) but I thought it was a bit much. She might as well have just sat down in her bra, it was that sexy. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

n) Long fingernails should be kept clean. Getting all your taco bell cheese in there and then trying to suck out the spooge underneath is gross. So is leaving it there. For goodness sake, try to handle it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thank you Blarg. This is possibly the grossest thing I've ever read on these forums. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I think I'm going to be sick.