Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Staten Island more like guido island

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As someone of Italian descent, I don't know whether to be offended or just laugh at the sheer ridiculousness of OP, even though I know what he meant.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you a guido?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes just because your italian you get a guido stereo type.

I grew up in Queens. I went to college on Long Island. The new people I met referred to me as Guido Mike, because of my ethniticy not because of how I dressed or acted.

I did not watch the Sopranos for the longest time because I felt it unfairly stereo typed italians from New Jersey.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
go [censored] yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha... I like guids and everything, but I do always picture him looking like this. I think it's the handle, plus I get an aggressive vibe from his posts sometimes.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:39 AM

You lived there (here for me) in 99.....HOLY S**T ALERT THE MEDIA.
How long did you live here? Were you born on the Island like I was? Were BOTH of your parents born on the Island like mine were? Were one complete set of your grandparents born on the Island like mine were? Do you have two children born on the Island like I do?

What did you do, go to one club on Bay St. to try to get laid and figure since you wound up having to jerk it you'd just bash the hell out of the place? You know what pal, stay in Jersey or Florida or whatever other hell hole you moved to. We will be fine on our little guido infested smelly Island without you.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You lived there (here for me) in 99.....HOLY S**T ALERT THE MEDIA.
How long did you live here? Were you born on the Island like I was? Were BOTH of your parents born on the Island like mine were? Were one complete set of your grandparents born on the Island like mine were? Do you have two children born on the Island like I do?

What did you do, go to one club on Bay St. to try to get laid and figure since you wound up having to jerk it you'd just bash the hell out of the place? You know what pal, stay in Jersey or Florida or whatever other hell hole you moved to. We will be fine on our little guido infested smelly Island without you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, wait, wait, wait!

Are you actually trying to say that Staten Island isn't filled with guidos?
Old 05-09-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As someone of Italian descent, I don't know whether to be offended or just laugh at the sheer ridiculousness of OP, even though I know what he meant.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you a guido?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes just because your italian you get a guido stereo type.

I grew up in Queens. I went to college on Long Island. The new people I met referred to me as Guido Mike, because of my ethniticy not because of how I dressed or acted.

I did not watch the Sopranos for the longest time because I felt it unfairly stereo typed italians from New Jersey.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is definitely understandable. But most people understand that "Italian" doesn't mean "guido" and vice versa.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:03 AM

[/ QUOTE ] Wait, wait, wait, wait!

Are you actually trying to say that Staten Island isn't filled with guidos?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was saying that OP is an A-hole. As far as guidos go...Brooklyn INVENTED them and they remain the Borough's main export. I take offense to anyone trash talking my home though, don't you??
Old 05-09-2007, 10:04 AM

Brooklyn INVENTED and Saturday Night Fever introduced them and they remain the Borough's main export.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:06 AM

If anyone has seen MTV's True Life "I'm getting Married", there is one of the greatest scenes in reality TV history.

Some Staten Island guido, dressed in his white tuxedo (I think with tails) is yelling at his limo driver who is late. He is screaming things like "I will cut you!" and "I will gut you like the pig that you are" as he stomps down his street. Also, he looks like a big meathead guido.

Anyway, he calms down enough to get married, wearing some douchey guido hat and does a real guido dance. I didn't do the scene justice, but it was great.

UPDATE: After googling, it looks like the guy got arrested recently at his son's holiday show after getting in a fight over seats.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:07 AM

Old 05-09-2007, 10:09 AM

"The stereotyping of Italian-Americans involves dressing in gold chains, sweat or track suits, unbuttoned dress shirts, tank tops or guinea T's, and flashy suits or leather jackets. One of the most common characteristics of a guido is the "blowout", or "tapeup", hairstyle, consisting of an use of hair gel or pomade to attain a spiked appearance. Slicked-backed hair is also a common "Guido" stereotype."