Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: My weekend in Manhattan trip report.d

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anti-semitic? probably not, racist? ya, you are a huge one...but Im sure you have black friends, so every thing is cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the bright side, OP did not exhibit any outward homophobia.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is surprising considering he ate in Chelsea. Maybe this TR about Times Square is from 1985.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anti-semitic? probably not, racist? ya, you are a huge one...but Im sure you have black friends, so every thing is cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is surprising considering he ate in Chelsea. Maybe this TR about Times Square is from 1985.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I was just going to write that he must not have noticed the crowd at Cafeteria.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I was just going to write that he must not have noticed the crowd at Cafeteria.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the chicken and waffles there is so good
Old 05-08-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was waiting for these responses. My girlfriends' brother is ...... gay, yes. Just like blacks and jews, I have no ill will towards gays as well. He is cool as hell and knows his way around the city and I knew his suggestions were going to be spot-on.

I do deserve all this criticism as my attempt at tongue-in-cheek humor missed by a mile in the OP.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was waiting for these responses. My girlfriends' brother is ...... gay, yes. Just like blacks and jews, I have no ill will towards gays as well. He is cool as hell and knows his way around the city and I knew his suggestions were going to be spot-on.

I do deserve all this criticism as my attempt at tongue-in-cheek humor missed by a mile in the OP.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please explain how anything you wrote was tongue-in-cheek. Please display that you have any idea what that means, and how it applied to your post.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That was not my intention as I just tried to add a little bit of "humor" which did not come out exactly as I intended.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the hell are you? Michael Richards?
Old 05-08-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My girlfriends' brother is ...... gay, yes. Just like blacks and jews, I have no ill will towards gays as well. He is cool as hell and knows his way around the city and I knew his suggestions were going to be spot-on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys....relax! He knows a "gay", it's cool. The John Rocker of OOT is a-ok in my book.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Please explain how anything you wrote was tongue-in-cheek. Please display that you have any idea what that means, and how it applied to your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

When referring to the parade i could have not mentioned nothing at all to the religeous nature of it and instead just called it a parade. I just tried to make the TR a bit more colorful. And yes, I know those "funny hats" I was referring to are called "Yamikas". And when mentioning "Scarry blacks" I went a bit overboard by using the word "scarry". Again, i was just trying to add a little more to my trip report. Nothing in any of my posts show any inclination to any rascist overtones so i'll finish it at that.

Mods : Please lock this thread as it going straight down the crapper due to my terrible OP. -Thanks.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:52 PM

One of those "scarry blacks":
Old 05-08-2007, 05:55 PM

OP, it's clear you're not mean-spirited, you're just ignorant and limited by your background. Nobody's perfect. Maybe this experience has taught you something. But trying to pass off your OP as "humor" is lol.